The new track car *Updated 7/5 w/ new pic*

if it’s not a stick I will black flag him every lap he is on the track

It is a manual. Not an SMG. SMG trannies are dumpy.

i second that lol

nice ride, we need to do a local m owners photoshoot upcoming spring

Agreed… :slight_smile:

Car looks excellent, Chris. Really liking the color. Get some of that clear vinyl on it, preserve the paint on the nose, it’s really really nice.

lolz @ preserving paint. car is going to see it’s fair share of four-offs and kitty litter I’m sure :lol

Werd, spend that money on a shop vac for when the car gets filled with kitty litter.

+1.

The front bumper has several chips in it, and I could care less about the paint on a car that’ll spend just about every moment it’s running after this summer on a race track. Thank you for the compliments, but the pics hide a lot of stuff on the car. Nothing I didn’t expect though.

Werd! I was already snow drifting this morning lol.

It’s a very nice looking car. I’d be ashame to see it all chipped up. But, it’s going to be on a track and its going to eat pebbles pretty much the whole time out there. It is what it is.

lurking…
Cossey I dont mean to be a dick or anything…(ed. note yeah right!)
Have you looked into whether the sanctioning bodies will let you race? You MUST get a physical for SCCA and most other racing organizations. I’m not sure how they are about vision requirements. You will definitely have to take an eye exam…their standards for passing I don’t really know though. You might want to check into it before deciding who to try and run with, and how to proceed with the build the car.
P.S. Did you really say the LGT was holding you back? Please delete that shit before I piss myself from laughter and post it on every racing forum I can think of…LOLOL. A car can’t hold you back from learning how to do this. Even a Yugo…You can always learn to drive faster…

It’s because AWD was letting him get away with murder, not because he was faster than the car. Orginially my opinion from riding shotgun. But it still wasnt the primary reason for switching track cars.

+1. I didn’t say it was holding me back from learning in general, but it was allowing me to be lazy.

The primary reason for the switch is told in the original post, though.

maybe you werent driving hard enough. what do you hope to experience from FR that you couldnt experience in AWD?

Spinouts?

you guys didnt like AWD track cars?

that can happen in any platform.

i wasnt being a dick i really wonder what he is looking to gain from an FR platform over AWD. saying that the awd is too forgiving of a platform means your recognizing your errors, but eliminating those errors will only improve your overall ability. in your first post you do say that support for the LGT is limited and hats understandable, but for the price you prepared to spend on moton doubles for an FR setup that you will be initially limited by, why not spend a little extra and do a moton double setup in the LGT and make a forgiving platform even better. ultimately its your money and youll spend it how you see fit, but forging your own path and learning and developing something different seems a bit more adventurous, rather than picking the car that you can lego together and be like everyone else.

either way:hug

At high speeds AWD slightly pushes like a FWD. Not saying I can do it, but a more precise driver can run a corner at higher speeds in an FR rather than AWD. And when racing, every little bit counts, you know that.

I dont need to worry about that cuz I solo race and autox speeds are much slower, to where the AWD helps.

Great pick up, Cossey, one question though. Am I reading your first post wrong? Or you really did want a car for the track that has navigation in it? Huh? lol

Front wheels are for steering, rear wheels are for power.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x6u_KeCF_GY/S9p0ckkv-WI/AAAAAAAAAgU/BP9bFm1AMA4/s1600/forklift.jpg

bmws are dumpy and nobody should drive them. Toyota Camry would be the ideal track car.