The new track car *Updated 7/5 w/ new pic*

I run 275’s on a 9.5", it’s a PERFECT fit. You couldn’t ask for a better tire/rim width combination.

its not that i would recommend anything, ultimately its your choice, just disappointing considering you have the opportunity to make anything competitive.

Lots of guys stretch their track rubber ever so slightly for the same reasons drifters do it. It leads to a slightly stiffer sidewall, depending on the tire’s design, which means a more responsive tire.

There’s more to this than ‘contact patch’.

Plus 18x10s=ballin.

Research it for yourself, I talked with a guy from Raven at Calabogie, all of their E36/E46s stretch their rubber slightly, which not only makes the tire more responsive, like I said, but they also found an increase in longevity…though they couldn’t really explain why.

Granted this is on Michelin slicks IIRC, but the same principles apply.

Benny, they are Canadian, they were talking about snow tires not race tires…

LOL

no, this was primarily about the yellow E36.

I could see a stretch tirre lasting longer at a track because there isnt as much movement and and shear force running through the sidewall. Non stretched sidewalls can move and shift with the force putting more wear stress on them while stretched sidewalls are forced to be stiffer and shit and move a lot less. Just think a triangle or trapezoid is a stronger geometric shape than a rectangle because the angular side support eachother and dissapate forces better

so much win.

i tried finding, not very hard mind you, RPF-1 for my car (E36 m) but didnt find any. so i bought bennys old POS jump off instead.

ps: wow i could have sworn tire rack didnt have them when i looked last year. i fail!

pss: i know what it was, i wanted 17" not 18"

sadly thats not the case.

Love all the amateur tire and wheel size advice. This is a track car people, function over everything, form isn’t even a consideration. You can get all hella poke and misinformationy with whatever he gets for a new street car.

to a very small extent, it is. it depends entirely on the design of the tire. in a blind test you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between a 265/35 and a 275/35 of the same brand/model on a 10" wheel. Or a 275/35 of the same brand/model on a 9.5" wide wheel compared to a 10" wide wheel.

Negligible, at best, but saying 18x10 is cooler than 18x9.5.

Tell me I’m wrong.

smooth looking car!!!

Nice car! That’s definately a solid platform to start with

You’re wrong… there I said it… :lol

18x10s are the business.

no, 10x18s are the business

I was looking around for something with 10x18 wheels, but can’t find anything within a few minutes, so I gave up.

10x18’s are the business? is this a new wheel company? should cancel my BBS order for these new baller wheels?

Your autocrosser is showing again.

:lol

nice pickup

stick or smg? dont recall reading that part