The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

I don’t know how far the state is going to go with this, but maybe we should make the thread with all the members firearm ownership info less public. I don’t own anything that will become illegal, but I know a lot of you have pictures and info in here.

Vote to have Underground Gun section :rofl

So suppose, hypothetically I had preban AR and some preban mags, which are all now ruled illegal.

Did this just make the “preban” aspect of them worthless? What actually needs to be done to overturn this?

Somebody quickly create a petition on this.

http://www.change.org/start-a-petition

And it’s a law.

Yes, the “preban” prefix no longer applies to anything anymore.

not if you sell it to a law breaking person. its worth more because its more risky. if you dont have any ties to the gun sell it to a local ganster for $10000

Except now 10rd mags. They are considered Pre-ban as long as you owned it before today

GREEN ISLAND, N.Y. – The new legislation has led to a domino effect at local gun stores.

Gun owners got up early Tuesday morning and made their way to gun shops, before any kind of gun control legislation goes into effect.
The New York State act would define exactly what weapons are considered an assault weapon, require owners who already own those kinds of guns to register them. It would also ban magazine clips that hold more than seven rounds.

Some merchants even think the new rules could actually put them out of business. Gun owners say they think the government is not only overreacting, but also overreaching.
“They want to attack the second amendment and keep us from protecting ourselves. We are the law abiding citizens, who are trying to do right thing,” said Mike Angley, a Stephentown resident.

“There will be hundreds of workers going out of business and out of work now. It is a back door gun ban,” said Les McDermott, Veterans Gun Depot owner.
The owner of Veterans Gun Depot in Green Island says he just opened in August of last year, but may have to relocate his gun shop.

http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/headlines/630454/customers-line-up-to-make--pre-ban-purchases--at-gun-shops/

if any of you guys want your guns destroyed or high cap mags destroyed lmk. i will collect them all and break them

according to Allstar, they can still ship the lowers that were ordered on the pre-order. I sure as hell hope so

Edit: I mean time to bury it

This.

The owner said that the bill does NOT specify a lower receiver as an assault weapon so they can sell them all they want. It’s what the customer does with it that makes it legal or not and if it needs to be registered.

Yeah! So are all of my guns…

Well…I guess I’ll get a bolt action.

If you want to sell an ar get at me…

http://gunalizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mdttac211.jpg

:rofl

looks like Remington will be doing the same.

they are moving their NY plant somewhere else.

maybe you should pick the state they pick to move the facility. they might need work too

hopefully this works again Remington Arms Company threatens to pull plant out of New York in response to Bloomy-backed gun bill – New York Daily News

this is new ar-ny. kind of a classic western meets legal ar. the tactical lever action.

it needs a eotech to be legit

© A PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY FAILS TO APPLY TO REGISTER SUCH WEAPON, AS
REQUIRED BY THIS SECTION, WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE
CHAPTER OF THE LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN WHICH ADDED THIS PARAGRAPH
SHALL BE GUILTY OF A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR AND SUCH PERSON WHO UNKNOWINGLY

S. 2230                            34                            A. 2388

FAILS TO VALIDLY REGISTER SUCH WEAPON WITHIN SUCH ONE YEAR PERIOD SHALL
BE GIVEN A WARNING BY AN APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY ABOUT
SUCH FAILURE AND GIVEN THIRTY DAYS IN WHICH TO APPLY TO REGISTER SUCH
WEAPON OR TO SURRENDER IT. A FAILURE TO APPLY OR SURRENDER SUCH WEAPON
WITHIN SUCH THIRTY-DAY PERIOD SHALL RESULT IN SUCH WEAPON BEING REMOVED
BY AN APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY AND DECLARED A NUISANCE.

Interesting

Good for them! I feel bad for all the people that work there though.