The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

^ definition of completely unnecessary gun, but definition of totally fucking cool at the same time :rofl

I have a 10/22, I love mine. I was actually just thinking about getting a Mosin because you can get them at Gander for like $100.

If you want something that is more like a “tactical trainer” in .22, I would look at the S&W M&P15-22. My friend has it, and it’s actually more fun than my Ruger. It is their M&P15 litterally just chambered in .22 for “training”.

Not to mention the 10 round mags can be modified to hold 25 rounds extremely easy. :wink:

Kinda makes you want to leave NY for VT doesn’t it?

It’s not quite the same the MP15-22 is composite and unlike a standard AR you can’t interchange uppers with lowers. Still a nice firearm and I would like to add one to my collection some time soon. I really like the 5.56 NATO MP15

Got called by the investigator this morning… He said there’s no reason I shouldn’t have my pistol permit by the end of the month.

Let the shopping commence.

then after 6 months when i finally get mine out of colonie ill buy yours from you after you neglect to clean them and they act up and u put them up for sale

U MAD?!?

jvg still hasnt gotten his permit??? whats taking so long?

Investigator originally told me it’d take 6-12 months to get mine. It’s been almost 5 so far. I think JVG said they told him 9-12 months.

why you would post this on a public forum is beyond me. :tbd :dunno

i wouldnt reccomend moding anything to make it illegal when it comes to this stuff. should keep all your stuff legit, because you just never know.

I never said I or anyone I know did it. I’ve seen it online. Just like I’ve seen people make homemade silencers online.

I meant in the aspect that it’s literally identical in size, feel, functions, and handling.

oh ok. gotcha now. youtube does have lots of stuff. lol.

Don’t laugh at my Taliban Tommy Gun :rofl

Still looking into XDMs?

Yessir.

Still, the XD9 is one of my favorite guns to shoot. Its easy as shit to field strip and clean too; lock the slide, flip up the slide release lever/latch on the front, move the slide forward, pull the trigger, slide the slide off. Done.

Took over an hour today to get a JP Ent muzzle brake onto JVG’s AR10. Had it lathed down for a perfect fit, then torqued it only to find the barrle had a small burr on it from the threading. Removed burr and MB was now overrotated. Had to start over on the brake again and lathe off ~.08" more to make it fit properly.

Ready to go blow up shit with it now. Might set up a few targets on the 800yd range at my place before winter once I get this thing sighted in again. Test out some of that new ballistics ammo he bought :excited

you lucky bastard for having a range that long for personal use.

I can actually get almost 880 yds out of it, but that’s starting to push back up the hillside towards the woods. I’ll typically keep it within the low side valley of the hill, which comes in around 780-800yds pending where the target is. It’s the surrounding farmers hay fields and I can’t do it all the time, I’ll typically pick a day or two a week in advance to let him know. It’s half the reason I want to buy a Mcmillan Tac50 and put a wrecked car out the to shoot surplus nato at!

Last time I shot in the vicinity was actually with Cossey’s or Jon AR10 and he came up because I didn’t make a call prior to putting rounds down range :zip

Just makes for a moving target :lol

:smiley:

I really want a nice match grade bolt rifle from McMillan, but they’re just so expensive. A tac 50 would be on the top of my list but go for ~$8K. I’d also like one fo their 308’s, much more useful but still over five grand for a rifle.

Price you pay for top notch rifles. Especially when you or your buddies life relies on an accurate shot(military/LE)