The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

yeah buddy its converted

i got the wood from an AK for $25 shipped from a place that strips them and sells parts. love the beat up look

Did you convert it yourself? Willing to help me if I threw you some money.

Just picked this up today. Going to refinish it via the Iraqveteren8888 (look up on Youtube) process. Not sure if I’m going to go with the Mahogany 225 stain, the one he uses in the vids, or just leave it natural w/ tongue oil. Open to suggestions!

Oh boy

So much win and fail at the same time

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFYvG6MsZU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

You trippin?
EDIT - Forgot I was at work and youtube does not show up :slight_smile:

i dont feel like reading back many many pages… anyone local build their own ar UPPER? lowers are no problem, but never done an upper or have a clue, can anyone in here assist? (boxer,jvg,cossey???)

Whats the law on selling rifles? i want to downsize my collection…

As far as I know, do as you please for most rifles.

Assault rifles can get sketchy if you have parts on it that aren’t legal, otherwise I think you should be fine as well.

I’m sure many members here will correct me if I’m wrong as they know more on the matter.

You don’t need a permit, registration or license for it, so I don’t see why it would be a problem.

Uppers are easy. Get receiver, bolt carrier group, barrel, barrel nut (comes with most free floats I think), free float, gas block, and gas tube. Muzzle break as well if barrel is threaded an it’s going on post ban lower.

In NYC, all firearms need a permit, so make sure if someone from there is interested, that they can legally own one.
There are no assault weapons in NYS. Or any state for that matter. NYS just has its head up it’s ass and considers any semi-auto that has two or more of the following to be an “assault weapon”: pistol grip, detachable magazine, bayonet lug, flash suppressor, telescoping/folding stock, threaded muzzle capable of accepting a flash or sound suppressor, and I think that’s it off the top of my head. Most ARs, AKss and such have the pistol grip and detachable mags so you can’t have anything else on the list unless the lower receiver (or part with the gun’s serial number) was made before September 1994. Also, no semi-auto can have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammo unless the magazine itself was made before 9/94.
Semi auto shotguns also can be considered an “assault weapon” if they have a pistol grip and can hold more than 5 shells. So you’d have to pick one or the other.

I used the Birchwood Casey stock refinishing stuff I got a zacks on this Enfield I’m restoring. Easy to do and is looking great right now.

a little suppressor action on the uzi

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t357/blackwaterdefense/a23be8fd.jpg

I just checked and I found tons of stain in my closet. English Chestnut, Golden Oak, Dark Walnut. I have wipe on poly, too. I really like the results of tounge oil, but I’ve used wipe on poly on oak tables after refinishing and it looks great. I’m probably going to use what I have for the sake of saving a couple bucks.

what yeah got for sale? id buy your saiga lol.

long guns you just sell, no permit or anything. but if you know the buyer is a bad dude, i think it could bite you in ass. but if you dont the guy thats different.

like if you sell a gun to your best friend whos got restraining orders and a record, and you knew about these things, it could prolly back fire.

what about headspacing and all that? and getting it all put together lol.

If you use the tru-oil you can wet sand it and re oil it to take nicks scratches and grooves out the stuff is cheap and yeilds alot from 5.99 a bottle to kits for $20-$30. Dicks has the birchwood stuff singlely I dont think they have the kits.

JVG and I saw LOTS of absolutely EPIC arms today Belt fed stuff, stuff that shoots barret 416, stuff that shoots 50bmg, AR’s(and possibly M4’s) all over the place. might have seen a 1919 :ninja

Where can I find tru-oil?

I know Zacks sells it as well as T&V

Dicks, Zacks. After staining you coat the stock with as much tru-oil as the wood can absorb and it locks in the color after you wet-sand it out. When you use it to wet sand it creates a slurry with the oil and wood dust then seals it in when it drys.

Like lonoma said what are you looking to sell?