The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

Question for the pistol guys in here. I think I’m dead set on what I will be purchasing as I acquire my pistol permit, but would like some of your guys advice.

I am looking at a Glock 23 .40, was standard issue when my father was a cop, shot one once and loved it, thought it felt nice, and he thinks it would be the gun to get.

I have little experience with different hand guns and wondering if anyone thinks another gun might be a wise choice, and would possibly be willing to go to the range with me and allow me check out your choice.

The 23 is standard issue for a lot of enforcement agencies and from what I know the glock has always proven to be a solid gun, seems like a wise choice.

Block 23 FTW. That’s most definitely what I’m getting when I get my concealed.

Good choice, I have 2 of them. Was going to sell the one but realized how much I love it.

I have a gen 4 and a gen 3 rtf.

Gen 4 for carry (when I carry a glock) and rtf for the collecting aspect.

As far as glocks in general, I have 4 with at least two more in the immediate future. Great guns, I love them.

Here is what looks like a nice carry-on.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/LCP/70.jpg

And then on the other end of the spectrum.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohy9gWz7kk&hd=1[/ame]

:ahh

I have a Gen 4 Glock 17. I like it! I always recommend Glock. Can’t go wrong with them IMO.

I just took the rear sight off to expose the 3/8" groves. Also, removed the front sight because it was all bent. Bought a decent, cheap scope and scope rings. Everything will be here Friday. Will probably shoot this weekend if it isn’t too cold!

Went to VT this weekend and I ALMOST picked up a Hex receiver Mosin Nagant from a gun store there. Much nicer than my 40’s round receiver.

thats exactly my set up minus the additional grip. great carry gun, but no fun to shoot.

Have the LCP380 waiting at the lgs

Lcps are ok. If I had to have a .380 id go after the Sig or smith bodyguard. I love the external thumb safety on the bodyguard great feature for a pocket carry in my opinion. I myself also prefer to have a 9mm or bigger. Stay away from the Ruger Lc9. Solos are good if you can find one. Look into berettas new nano or w.e it is? It’s a small 9mm. I finger fucked one and it seams to be a nice piece.

HOLY SHIT :rofl

Its like a mini artillery shell

So I think i figured out what im buying for sure

RAA Saiga IZ133 7.62 for me
And for the Wife either a high point 9mm Carbine or a Ruger 10/22 which ever she wants. I told her she HAS to learn how to shoot

Still investigating new carry guns…

Can anyone recommend a good 2x optic for my m&p15-22? I tried finding an EOTech, but had no luck, they seem to be either 1x, or 3.5x+. I have a TruGlo 1x red dot on it now and want to upgrade.

What’s your price range??

WHat about a HK P2000? I recall handling one a long time ago at a gun shop up in maine when my dad was looking for a carry gun, while its not going to fit in the palm of your hand i remember it being quite petite :lol

To be determined I guess lol, but preferably not more than the gun…

whats wrong with the LC9?

Wondering that myself.

i have never had any issues with my LCP…makes me wonder whats bad about the LC9