The Official "I wanna reg my car in vt" thread

Who has done it. what do you need etc.

My great aunt lives in Burlington VT. but ive heard ppl set up p.o boxes?

Also whats the cost.

Dont want green plates tho. :frowning:

all u need is a heartbeat, and some shizzle scribbled on wax paper with a crayon.

Your plates is gunna beeze green

Average time spent in California to get an Ariel Atom on the road 93 hours, took me 7 minutes in Vermont, and I took a pee.

What would be the point of registering an older car there?

I know people do it to get around the obd2 bullshit but your cars are older than that so theres not much sense in it.

exactly what and y do you want to reg a car in vermont?

pepole need to realize vt has some stronger failures than ny also like no rust holes and whatnot .besides they are goin to emmisions this yr also so save time and bullshit make the car legit and do it here unless ya owe ny money

I cant make my car a 5 spd and have it pas inspection. This VT thing would be interesting

its gonna be the same there as it is here soon ,does anyone listen that option is out think about it ya dont realize dmv knows whats up and doin shit its all federal

Vermont is still more lenient on a lot of subjects, especially salvage title registry.

And you DO NOT need a p.o. Box

6% tax in VT… 8% in ny… when you purchase a car for quite a bit… that extra 2% can equal out to a whole lot of money…

How so? As long as you keep all your emmisions and whatnot that shouldent be an issue

Jeff you’re retarded your car isn’t even OBDII which would be the only damn reason you’d need to do this.

wow, I’m so in for this. I think I’ll give it a shot for my next car.

The real question is, will my insurance care.

That is the big issue everyone isn’t looking at. Not all insurance companies will insure out of state registered vehicles. You need to find this info prior to this, or find out the hard way in an accident when your insurance company denies all claim and liability and you get sued…

everyone needs to quit buying dumpy rides so they dont have to deal with this

Doesnt seem worth the hassle to save $400 on a 20k car, or $200 on a 10k car, drive all the way up there, sweat your insurance denying you etc. And if you can actually afford a car for quite a bit dont be cheap and just pay the dues

Its a matter of calling your insurance before going through with it. Tell them your plans, and let them know whats up. If you live 5 minutes from VT, why not? But $400 is $400 dollars. Look at it this way, to some people thats a full work week PRIOR taxes.

This is true but I’m pretty sure NYS wont give you a ticket for an expired out of state inspection? Though is the registration tied to being current on your inspection in Vt.?

Not for my car. Might trade(plus $ on my end) my 95 hard body for a Salvage title 97 thats lifted/SAS thats 2 houses down from my great aunt up there. And it will not pass inspection here bc it has a OBD1 wire harness/motor.

And my Aunt = My state farm agent. :slight_smile:

Its also a thread for info. Ive been hearing abut it ALOT. some good info inhere besides a couple smartass’s. Ive also been noticing alot more bikes with the green mountain state plate :slight_smile:

Yea i guess but i dont really consider most of the cap district 5 mins from vermont. And 400 is def more than i see in a week, so thats why i wouldnt being buy a car for so much that i’d be trying to skip out on paying taxes

I’ve heard about people registering motorcycles in VT, but never cars. I don’t see any reason to do so.