The Official Wayne now registers cars in VT from now on thread.

So yea, FUCK this new plate BS, and NY in general. I need to know the facts on reg’ing in VT. I know a couple of you have done it before, so spill the beans. Thanks in advance.

VT plates suck worse than the new NYS ones

Thread reported to the authorities.

Isnt there some rule about rust there? Like more than a certain size and the car dosent pass?

I really don’t mind the VT plates, especially considering the new NY ones.

The only issue I’ve ever found with registration with VT is insurance technicality.

For one thing you do need it, for the other, the car has to be registered in the state it’s insured IIRC.

I thought that was NH.

Maybe VT too though?

my cars don’t have rust, so it’s not an issue. Whats the deal with the insurance though? I def don’t want to jeopardize coverage.

I believe you can’t have a car registered in VT but insured in NY, it has to be the same state. But you can’t insure it in VT as you need to be a resident of the state in order to insure it there.

From what I understand nobody has ever gotten in trouble for it or busted by the cops, but that doesn’t mean it’s legal.

If something happens I just don’t want my ins to say fuck you. There’s a reason i pay for the coverage to begin with ya know?! Not tryin to pull a failvis. I’m looking for a legit loophole.

i hate VT…would never place on car

An actual PO box possibly?

You don’t need one to register in VT, but for insurance it may do as a loophole. :ponder

Really a one time $25 isnt a really great reason to go register cars in VT. Yeah, it sucks but not worth all that effort.

My truck’s registration is $99 without that plate fee and my trailer went up to $14.50 ($10 last year) without it. I just paid for both tonight.

^bhaha thats not the reason…its bc the plate looks retarded

GOTT EMM

but really so do all of NY’s plates going back to the dawn of the automobile.

Wayne lets move out of NY

neg cant do it.

My reg isn’t due until 6/2011. Guessing I can keep my nice white plates until then?

yes.
Ill have mine until 12/11 on the truck now and hopefully the car wont be an issue by August (as long as it gets sold)

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS.