The Official Lucas Oil Additive Poll

I’m looking to see what the majority thinks about Lucas Oil products. Ive used it in my 2000 Cavalier when I had it and it seemed ok but I havent used it since then. Ive heard both good reviews on it and bad. Lets see what you all think.

:hsdance:

check out www.Bobistheoilguy.com

There is a lot of discussion about this and lots of misinformation. It has been shown that (in Honda’s, no clue about toerh makes) it foams quite a bit. We all know about cavitation, and how bad it is for the oiling system. I avoid it.

IMO if it didn’t come from the factory with it i do not use it.
i do not like synthetic oil in cars that do not have it from factory unless you built a fresh motor and ran it from start after break in period

u dont use synthetic oil to break in a motor,dont run it till 5k!

why i stated after break in period

reading>me

I got the lecture from Jeff about the synthetic oil haha.

I haven’t used this though. I don’t believe in using additives, just keeping good maintenance and using good fluids.

I only run synthetic in my Durango. i put it in after about 7500 original miles.durango are known to have sludge problems with oil issues if you use regular oil…plus i seen better gas mpg

so, avoid all additives to oil and just stick with synthetic. I’m just trying to keep the 4g63 as clean as possible to avoid engine issues.

The lucas stuff just makes the oil really thick. It also displaces the additives that keep the engine clean and prevent wear on the bearings.

You could just as easily put in 20w50 or whatever.