The Official NYSpeed.com $1003 performance build off

o.k., I’ll race you on the street, if you race me on the track.

Plain and simple.

I am going to watch Heros, it will be done at 10pm. After that, I am freeish. I am going back to UB to do some work, but can take a break. Deal?

im not doing one of your races, plain and simple. you can be sweet in ur game, ill be in mine. but stop acting like ur doing something noone else can do, and you have skill above all others. its lame

my question is, who gets the car when the project is done?

sell it off

I’d beg to differ, domestics can turn too. :slight_smile:

if its a budget build,t han its prolly gonna be clusterfucked/hacked just so it riuns good for the time being

no ones gonna get very much for it

ive been figuring it as im spending $200-$300 (depending how many people r on the team) to have fun, not aking a monetary investment. if i get anything back out of it, cool, if not, its not like i expected it.

OK I have a few questions.

1. Do regular maintenance items like pads and rotors count? For instance my car has napa replacement standard rotors on them and some cheap replacement pads. Does that count? How about a replacement clutch? With over 100,000 miles on the car it had to be replaced. If someone puts a stoptech BBK on or something I think that should count in their budget but stock size replacement rotors/pads in stock calipers should not. On a related note - do tires count in the budget if they’re street tires? Obviously a car this cheap will be old enough that the tires have been replaced and they won’t be stock…

2. I have a bunch of legacy sport sedans. One of them was a couple hundred bucks and my daily driver was a few hundred dollars more. The cheapest one has a beat interior and body panels are dented and rusty so it was real cheap, but it ran strong. Dozr rallyx’d it before selling to me and he can verify this. My daily driver cost more than this pile but it’s the exact same model car with the same options and both were totally stock when purchased so there were no freebies. My daily driver just doesn’t have banged up body panels and the interior isn’t beat up etc. Basically I’m not going to put all this effort into the other car because the body is beat and I’d never drive it again after the event. If it’s verified that my daily driver has absolutely no performance advantage over the beat up car can I use the $200 price for the cost of the car? To be honest I’d have no problem gutting the crap out of the beat one and making it much lighter so it would perform better.

My daily driver is under budget with the lower car’s cost if I just remove the coilovers for the event and put the stock struts/springs back on so you have a pretty much gauranteed entry if this is possible.

-Mike

Ok, after review the grassroots rules - I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to need help from some people running this. If you do NOT wish to participate, but wish to help out with running this, please PM me.

Applicants should have lots of automotive knowledge and better yet, more experience, should also be able to dedicate a decent amount of time to this, and it would be great if you were organized and managed time and people well.

ugh, i wanna be a 1003 “moderator” … but i know im gonna wind up fabbing for one of more teams

conflicts of interest suck … i

Same, I’d definitely help run it, except I know if this happens I’ll be on one of the teams.

If I had the cash to invest it would be badass and I would definatly do this but seeing as how i am rather poor right now…not gonna happen.

bump, anyone want to help?

you have a PM

in for help

I’m willing to participate…but im not sure with what, yet.

Like I said in the PM I sent you before, I am willing to supply/run timing equipment for the testing.

im in…turbo excel