The putting your bike away thread. *Updated for Mordak*

Stand isn’t needed, but definitely helpful. What do you ride again? Changing the oil is pretty easy. Usually just have to take the lowers off, drain, refill, change filter. boom

im always up on stands, just unhook battery, when i get a nice day our in dec-march ill ride 40* or higher

09 Ninja 650.
Somehow my legit signature got deleted.

probably b/c of infraction points.

I have sigs/avatars turned off anyway.

Paulo thanks for the advice man.

& I’m still confused why my manual says to remove 20% air from tires…I don’t think they’d put it in the manual if its bad for the tires but if you guys are saying otherwise…

welllll as it gets colder, your tires dont magically get MORE air… in fact, the psi will come down a bit… so i dont get that.

I never put the bike away…every now and then we get a 50+ degree day in december/january/february, and it’s so worth having it road ready…

A few years back there was at least one day like that every month, and i was able to ride at least 1 day for the entire year. It was glorious…

I’ll “winterize” my bike, but I never get it to the point where I can’t just get on it and ride it if I really wanted to. There’s always a few days every winter that are just too nice to not ride.

Meh, if there is salt on the road I aint going out.

All I do is fill up the tank, disconnect the battery and put it up on stands. BAM!

Fill up the tank? My manual says to drain it and let it idle until it runs out of gas.

Seems like theres a lot of conflicting info out there on storage techniques. Same with almost any topic though so not too shocking.

fuel stabilizer > draining a tank… esp when you only store it for 4 months or so.

WAYYYY easier.

Whats the best oil to run though?

Whats the best fuel stabilizer?

just stop. stabil.

seriously lol

Mine isnt away yet. Been too lazy.

I’ve never done anything regarding fuel for winter…whatever it has left in the tank after the last time i ride sits there until i ride it again. Never any problems with it either.

IMO nothing is going to happen in 3-4 months in the tank, add stabil, suffer through winter.

shelf life of this ethanol crap fuel is nearing the short span of about 2 or 3 weeks. the alcohol is separating and hurting a lot of small 2 stroke lawn equipment like chainsaws and weed eaters which are more sensitive b/c the oil won’t mix with the alcohol. if your bike is fuel injected, you’re better off but if you have carbs one of these days you’re going to get bit and it’ll clog something. usually it’s the pilot circuit, and it will only run with the choke on.