The putting your bike away thread. *Updated for Mordak*

Just do as people have suggested, throw a chunk of cardboard or carpet under the front tire, or move it every so often. For the few months it will be sitting, it’s really not a big deal. Leave the oil till spring, it’s just going to be sitting. And you just remove the lowers, drain it, replace the oil filter, and fill it back up. Just like you would with a car, but much easier access.

Did that with mine last year as well. Although I also was concerned that since it was in a garage, didn’t want any rodents making a winter home in there.

LOL

Yeah that’s fine. Just move it around once in a while. Even if you wind up with a flat spot in the spring (you’ll feel the bike vibrating) they usually go away within a couple of miles once the tires warm up. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve let a bike sit for almost a year and nothing happened to the tires…

DO NOT ARMOR ALL THE TIRES…

FRY :nonono:

dont let any lubricating fluid TOUCH the tires of your bike… ever.

lol ive armoraled mine before it looks nice =)

edit: just put it up on stands 2day (THE EBAY ONES!!!) and threw the cover on it and took out the battery

lol i never did any of that storage crap. But I plan to be on a bike again come spring. I plan on picking on up in January again and building it until march.

still riding, you sissy fucks

Rode today, went out on 240 and tore it up at 140mph while eating a chicken sandwich…with b5a4 and phoenix305 obviously.

i did 140 but i was alone cause i have no friends

That sad time of the year again :crying:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19189[/ATTACH]

Why ? Sunny and 70s all weekend temps aren’t dipping much below 50 at night either. You’ve got another month … sissy.

This rain just needs to go away. I am planning on keeping my bike out till November. It was good last night in a jacket and jeans. I would out till about 8 running errands.

I usually fill my tank and park it. I have done that with 2 different bikes over 5 years. Come spring check tire pressure, and hit the streets. All this other stuff is waaaaaay overkill.

Not saying it’s wrong, just saying it is not necessary. BTW does anyone know where the chain is on my boulevard m50? cant find it to check the tightness?

that bike is probably driveshaft or belt driven.

lol it is

I put fuel stabalizer in my bike last fall. I didn’t ride the bike at all this year. how long does a tank of fuel keep for? should I go run it out of fuel and re do it for the winter?

ugh i still need to schedule my road test lol

Don’t be a fggt, take the class & be done with it.

^agreed.