The rich don't pay their fair share in taxes!!

Many mortgages require escrow so you don’t fall behind in taxes like George Holt,
you know the guy that works for Erie county and wants all of us to pay taxes.

I am soo pissed off right now!!!

I know almost all first time mortgages require escrow.

My houses total taxes are around 3200 in city of Tonawanda for my 1250 sq ft, 3br 1 bath starter home. My tax assessed value of my home is 62,200 and my appraised value is 93,000k. I still pay almost 40% of my mortgage payment to escrow for taxes. Really unbelievable at the property taxes here, more and more realizing JayS is right owning a big home (or building new) in WNY is just no a wise financial move.

This scares me away from wanting to build my house. :ohnoes:

:picard:

come on, you thought it was going to be 10k and it turns out it is 14k didnt you think that it ~could be 4-5k higher? taxes never go down, what about when you have 4% tax increase?

Umm that is more like 40%-50%.
That’s a bit different than 4%.

wah wah wah wah - you have 15 acres of land. I have a 120x40 lot and pay 4K… you want the land you pay for it!

NYS is gonna start looking like a huge forest attached to NYC at the rate people wise up and leave

Ha SORRY! I don’t know why I thought you living in springville?!

That sucks thought, It’s like you probably paid a pretty penny for 15 acres, and now you have to drop 14g’s a year in taxes? Yuck.

:lolsign:

I like that one, and may reserve the right to use it future small talk.

13-14 in taxes OMG I bitch at paying 3k lol…

I mean, I know I talk a lot of shit about NY… but honestly, I have fam there. Wouldn’t kill me to move back if something came up, whatever - but I’ll be damned if I don’t listen to my wallet in times like these

so you never answerd my question about how much its appraised for, and if your going to fight it

Thank you for your money.

lol, he is in Erie county afterall. But I thought school taxes went to his district…?

property taxes suck in NYS period…

no, when you taxes increase 2-4% every 2-3 years. how long will you last, what is your cut off?

Taxes may suck in NYS…but your paying a 1/4 of the price for the house compared to other areas…

I dunno…my parents property taxes are just about double yours… :gotme:

Id rather pay more house than taxes

jesus thats alot of taxes my father has a rental in the city and pays like 1200 a year for a 2 family home with a double lot. School taxes are the worst it should be based on how many kids you have and if they go to public school. when you get into those areas its so expensive why should people without kids have to pay rediculous taxes because the schools wanna build new football fields, when i was in HS and played soccer all the city schools had a few public parks we played at but then when you travel out to the suberbs you see these schools with fields that could be used for a professional event its fucking high school.