The rich don't pay their fair share in taxes!!

Welcome to my world. Home owner for over 21 years with NO children. I’d love to have the money I spent to educate the kids at Ken-Ton!

I’ve got about 0.2 acres and a shitty house in a mediocre neighborhood, no kids, and I pay nearly 4k. Taxes are half my monthly payment. NYS sucks, but you’ll find no sympathy here.

You gotta pay to play, or move elsewhere.

it all evens out one way or another… you either pay for it in the cost of the house, cost of living, taxes etc…

if you don’t want to pay for it then move, you’ll just get ripped another way somewhere else.

the last property my old lady had was more than that, and there wasn’t even a house on the property, just the barn.

I really need to learn how to multi-quote so I can respond to all of these posts.:redface:

It’s the third button from the left, next to the quote button.

don’t hurt yourself big guy :slight_smile:

Thanks.:redface:

I will reply a little later when I have more time.

Old wheel drifter

Not really true.

EX:

$150,000 here with 5k in taxes = 894/month mortage + 417/month tax. Total payment = 1310/month.
$220,000 house with 1k in taxes = 1312/month mortgage + 1395 total payment.

Yes, it’s a little more each month, but each month you’re building SO much more equity. At the end of 30 years you own a $220,000 house that has probably appreciated at a better rate than the WNY house because it’s not in a tax oppressed economy.

Or, to look at it a better way, at the end of 30 years, assuming the taxes never go up (which they will) you’ve spent $150,000 in taxes in WNY but only $30,000 in your other state. That’s $120,000 that you basically get nothing back for (considering other states manage to provide the basics like police, fire, and roads etc for far less).

or your 220k home was really worth 150k, and you over paid and then a correction happens and you lose your ass.

oh wait, that already happened

Heh, nah, that was your 500k-1.5million home was really worth 220k. Despite the doom and gloom on the news there are a lot of places in the country where home values haven’t taken nearly the hit that is making headlines.

I think Houston is one of those areas, nice houses for cheap. Ohio is another. My buddy got a 2000+ square feet house for $200k in a great new development in a Cleveland suburb.

Here’s a story you’ll love, Drifter. I bought my first house in the Knoxville, TN area. Great school district. Modest house, about 1500 sq.ft. on almost 2 acres in a nice neighborhood.

My total yearly property tax bill…$210. Yes, that’s per year, not a typo. Oh yeah, and no state income tax there.

Our little 1600 sq.ft. house in the town of Lockport on maybe .2 acre - over $4300. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

That is what a lot of people on here may not know, New York is ridiculously higher than most states.
My aunt sold her place in FLA for a half million and she was paying $800/year in property taxes!!!

There’s a reason people born and raised in the south are all retards, and it goes beyond genetics. Their schools are horrible. They’re basically on-the-job training for fresh Northern education grads to get a couple years experience at shit money and move back north. I had friends from HS that went to southern schools, and friends in college that were from there. The first group learned stuff we learned in HS well into junior year. The second, even those that were honors students back home, ended up in remedial classes. We still get raped with medicaid, but with education, you get what you pay for.

WOW! That’s amazing. It certainly puts the whole tax situation in perspective.

i understand this is just a rant about the states absurd property tax rates. but common now…thats like someone with a million dollar exotic bitching about gas prices. not counting all the write offs the rich get, yeah you guys pay more in taxes. but id gladly trade places with you in a heart beat.

Seriously broad-brush statement here. If you look at my example of the tax rates between my two houses, I don’t think that the marginally better education here can account for a 2000% tax differential.

That’s a given. It’s a fact that subsidizing Medicaid for people in NYC owns us. I’m talking about specifically the school tax portion of the bill. Most people’s come in seperate from their regular property taxes.

School $7412.37
county/other $6223.12

I could send her to Nardin for that!!!
So, give me my tax money back and I won’t add any expenses to your school.:gotme: