The Shop CT-stay away

From what I’ve heard the tune isnt what messed that car up, but the lack of fuel it was getting… Im not an expert by ANY means but usually when going with a high end fuel system you need to use very thick gauge wiring… Alex’s cars fuel pump was wired with speaker wire he said which obviously isnt thick enough which I would believe it to not get enough fuel? Not sure who did the fuel pump/s install but I would think that’d be the reason his motor was damaged?

What damage?

Again, not to start pointing fingers, but its all hearsay.

Technically speaking, I doubt that. Voltage = pump RPM. Amperage = tq the little pump makes more or less.

Voltage shouldn’t change much at all wire thickness wise, but amperage can. Thinner wire = less amperage HANDLING over time. If the gauge of the wire meets the spec for the pump, it can be speaker wire, trailer wire, household wire, or what ever, and it wont make a lick of “performance” difference.

IF the wire was too thin, and the heat built up, the amperage could drop which as the pump is under load MIGHT not make as much power as it should have and flow less… but thats a LONG shot in my head.

kk disclaimer… Wasnt there, didnt see the car, done know the pump, the wiring spec, the wiring type, dont have my electrical properties hand book out to verify my theory. :rofl

Current draw from the pump could of been high enough to pull the voltage down because the wire was to thin to supply the pump with enough current. If they used speaker wire that was 16ga or bigger it would probably be ok, but if they cobbed speaker wire, there is probably a bunch of other things done incorrectly. :lol

http://www.altronix.com/app_notes/calc.php

+rep for checking my info. link is a great ref too!

if thats the case:

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/fuelpumps.pdf

15.5 amps for an 044

assuming run is 10 feet of 16ga, voltage drop might be 1.3V thats enough to drop rpms quite a bit I bet.

22ga would pull out 5+ volts!!!

10ga would pull .32 volts. and 8 ga .2v

/\ Thats some heavy ass power wire!

If you put the pump under the hood and kept the wire run to 5 feet, 16ga would only drop voltage .65v. Surge tank with intank pump for the win!

Or have the relay and battery out back near the in-tank pump! :lol

becasue racecar, too much weight.

but yeah that would work too. lol

hey kk id like you to keep your comments and your business to yourself and no need to make assumptions about what happened between me and synapse…with that being said find 1 post where i bashed synapse?
now the reason why i found out the cars motor was blown is when i broght the car to synapse with a boost issue they couldnt figure it out…so i did a boost leak test and found out where everything was leaking also checked the catch can and was full of e85 which led me to a compression test and results #1…180 #2 140 #3 140 #4 180 which also led me to do a leakdown test which showed #1 perfect #2 80% #3 45% #4 perfect and thats the reason why i said the car was blown…and got rid of it

Sounds like a bash to me :rofl

+1 mike
if anyone one had any idea on what was involved in these builds they would know that these cars werent built and tuned to the limit…with that said i understand building a 4cyl to make a 1000whp is a ticking time bomb but still talking to other people like tony palo that setup is more than capable of more power

WTF!!! why you get rid of it?

how is that a bash are you guys brain dead …how is that bashing stating that do to my previous experience i would never go back…

Pardon me, but did you miss the “All I want to say is this, and it doesnt point to anyone specific at all” I stated in that reply?

I didnt make assumptions about anything. All i said was what I saw going on for 2 weeks now about the situation. Re-stating assumptions others made prior to… doesnt mean I agree or disagree with said assumptions.

If he said their work sucks and customer service is terrible and they ripped me off then that would be bashing. Simply saying he would go back is not bashing at all. What if someone thinks synapse does amazing work but they just cant afford it, or they take too long and wont go there.(not the case here) But would that be bashing them?

no biggie is just that i dont wwnt my car to be an exanple cuz is just a bad example…

are you calling logical thinking people “brain dead”???

When you go on ebay and give feed back “not gonna lie but i will never go back to (insert ebay seller id here) myself” do you check the Positive, neutral or negative radio button? LOL

not gonna lie but i will never go back to synapse myself = NEG REP

not gonna lie but i will always go back to synapse myself = POS REP

Thats totally true… But look at it from a 3rd person.

Joe bob browse’s shift for reviews on Shop A. Sees customer A’s car blew up and “I will never go back to them” later on in replies.

Shop looks like poo. Thats why KK like to write books, better to give too much info than not enough leaving it up to ill-informed minds to base assumptions on!

No doubt man, I never meant any harm towards you or them at all. just used your occurrence as an example of how hearsay from people out of the direct loop misconstrue the facts.

I won’t ever let another one of my friends go to Shop A after what I’ve seen in the past few years. But I’m glad Shop C is in the picture now to provide some competition so my friends do not get butt raped on costs and wait times. :slight_smile:

gonna turn into a shit fest, lock it up

Lots of “tuners” ITT.