The T28 game again.

Hey guys,

Who here is using a S15 T28 BB turbo?? What numbers are you putting down?? (WHP, FT/LBS, 1/4 mile times) and what supporting mods (i.e: injectors) are you using??

Thanks,

Fitzy

i’ve known guys to eek out 300whp on these turbos… dont buy them used…

mine lasted 3 months

what would you recommend then???

:lol:

buy your turbo new, i can help you out if you want… PDM is also doing them now

^^^ what bing said, buy new. You learn once to stay away from used BB’s. Either buy a new turbo or plan on rebuilding the t28 after a few months.

Andrew.

search around on FA. most people dyno around 280 to 300 at the wheels with S15 turbo, Z32 maf, 550cc injectors, and enthalpy ecu at 15-16 psi.

oh and you cant rebuild BB turbos. you can buy a new core but thats almost as much as a new turbo. anyway im going to be running a used S15 turbo so wish me luck.

well my BB is getting rebuilt at the moment. They can be rebuilt, just most get new cores because its less hasle.

Andrew.

I’ve heard of lots of people using used BB turbos without any probs. Just buy from a good source.

its hard to tell sometimes though Paul. Like mine was blowing oil like hell and it still has the same amount of shaft play side to side as it did when i got it. However it has back play now but still not all the much. Good source or not, when a turbo from japan has ‘x’ number of km’s who really knows how good it is.

well my BB is getting rebuilt at the moment. They can be rebuilt, just most get new cores because its less hasle.

Andrew.[/quote]

cool. where are you getting it done? im sure i will need this information in a couple months :lol:

mine blew up in 2 days

but it pulled nice while it lasted

mine put down 240whp at 12psi.

Andrew.[/quote]

cool. where are you getting it done? im sure i will need this information in a couple months :lol:[/quote]
When you need info just drop me a line on MSN.

Nice numbers Quincy :stuck_out_tongue:

Andrew.

its hard to tell sometimes though Paul. Like mine was blowing oil like hell and it still has the same amount of shaft play side to side as it did when i got it. However it has back play now but still not all the much. Good source or not, when a turbo from japan has ‘x’ number of km’s who really knows how good it is.[/quote]

garrett stoped releasing rebuild kits on T28 BB turbos due to extremly high failure rates after rebuilding the CHRA by shops who rebuilt them.

good luck

Mine did 240rwhp on stock boost at Neetronics tuned with an SAFC.

Well I hope mine runs like your dan

Whoot wHOOT

haha - well my first recomendation is go to a dyno that can give you a graphed printout.

Quincy and I went to the same place and I find it pretty suprising that our numbers are so different.

O don’t you worrie dan, you will be hearing from when when it comes time to get the Car going again, hell my set up now will be what you were running last year before the PowerFc

Herman @ Cherry Turbo’s can and will rebuild BB turbo’s…

Just isnt cheap… (approx $500+ rebuild kit then $500+ labour) which is usually why people just get a Brand new unit.

Herman was actually the only person I could find last year who was willing to rebuild one for me but because of the cost of it I quickly changed my mind…

Andrew.[/quote]

cool. where are you getting it done? im sure i will need this information in a couple months :lol:[/quote]