The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

My brother was saying that pretty much all their cells at Solar City are produced overseas because it’s extremely toxic and US regulations won’t allow it, so if I’m reading this correctly…they won’t be able to import the cells without paying the tariff?

I got an email from corporate today with the new tax table. They said we will be getting more money in our paychecks.

They said I won’t have to adjust my withholdings, because we will just see more net payout. Shithole?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Complains about liberals painting Trump supporters as white supremacists.
Paints all liberals as lunatics because of a choice YouTube video.

Do you see any logic in what you’re saying? My post about the torches was a joke. I don’t think anyone posting in here is a fucking white supremacist.

Good on the solar tariffs, and hopefully not the last of getting tough on Asia. #AmericaFirst

A far less biased read than the Time smear piece: http://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/369025-trump-should-protect-us-solar-from-chinese-aggression

That joke was just as bad as your attempts on the meme page.

That video is not an isolated incident though. I can find videos like that from all across the country for every anti Trump Pro woman pussy hat rally that has happened over the past year. These rallies happened in every major city and occasionally have famous people calling for the death of the president.

my eyes go blurry reading that Time filth.

the tariffs are specifically designed to protect american solar panel companies in the same way that the softwood and bombardier tariffs work… to protect American workers. Yet they say there will be tens of thousands of job losses? note they dont say where the losses will be?

Then paragraphs later the US solar panel company stocks went up on the news…

How do you take a very specifically beneficial to america policy and turn it into a smear piece of that caliber?

how can you be an American publication and not talk about the americans that surely benefit and instead go to great lengths to stretch and speculate that some americans might not benefit… and to let the speculative negative take precedence over the demonstrated benefit in the piece no less?

SMH

nice post. more incredibly positive real impacts of Trump policy benefiting actual working american people. i’m jealous. everything just keeps getting more expensive up here.

Moving this here to keep the meme thread about memes.

I too am an immigrant. Albeit from Canada, but I went through the process. Both of my parents were immigrants to Canada and had to learn the language as well. My mother and I are in the US. My father and brother stayed in Canada.

You ended your post with support for DACA, so I’m not sure why you felt the need to say ‘DACA dildos’. Seems unfair to be a dick to 700,000+ people you don’t know much about.

I support DACA much in the same way that you do. They deserve a fair chance to continue being contributing members of society. (That is to say, if they are currently.) That’s all. This itself can be considered an unfair advantage over immigrants trying to get in now, but that’s the exception that DACA made. They are American citizens (or at the least, Permanent Residents) in every way except on paper.

I can’t speak for what Rep/Dem senators want, but I I’ll re-iterate that they deserve legislation to give them a path instead of just letting them get deported regardless of their merits.

Sidenote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Frasier_Crane_at_KACL_radio_station.png

Just made me chuckle. :lol:

Again, to keep this out of the meme thread; What’s going on with #releasethememo ? I’ve seen several outlets basically laughing at the GOP about it claiming that they can release it any time they want. I smelled bullshit and wasn’t believing it. As I read more, it’s a classified document that can be released to the public with Trump’s approval.

Then yesterday, Politico published this article.

• The memo was compiled by aides to Devin Nunes. (R-CA)
  • They are refusing to show this memo to the FBI claiming that there are too many Obama holdovers that can’t be trusted.
  • They also haven’t shared it with the Justice Department which Jeff Sessions is in charge of.

Has Trump not seen this thing yet? His son Eric has been pushing the whole #releasethememo stuff too. Why wouldn’t he release it now if it apparently backs up his own claims?

The speculation is that the memo indicates that FISA warrants for wiretapping were obtained solely on the basis of information in the infamous Dossier.

I was watching a show last night on Nat Geo channel about combat medics that rescue wounded soldiers via helicopter in Afghanistan.

The episode had Jared Kushner behind enemy lines seeing what the warzone was like over there and gathering Intel to report back to President Trump.

I was thinking about all the people who protest and post on social media about how they’re in cahoots with Russia and all they do is look out for themselves and their business. Yet, here is Jared Kushner in a Kevlar helmet with a vest on, scoping out bunkers and weapons for troops so the White House can have a real time report on what’s happening overseas.

I’m sure he was probably sheltered from any real danger over there, but I have to think the troops appreciated seeing him over there.

Propoganda.

i’ve not seen one single legit criticism of this dude. he’s A-ok in my books thus far.

This SOTU could be the biggest thing in the US since 9-11. I need to get some popcorn ready.

We had a watch party back for the mythbuster plane on a treadmill episode. I bet we could have a pretty good attendance for the State of The Union!

@Onyx_Z32 we need to set up a nyspeed SOTU watch party…lol i will definitely be there.

@Paulo As much as I’d rather see all 800K shipped back and having to start over, it would be best for political reasons to compromise, as in giving them a timeline, and after that expires, gone no matter what. Where though is the overwhelming support of Americans for DACA? I need polls the whole forum can agree on.

Sure.

74% Jan 19, 2018 - Pew Research <– Prob the most important one.
87% Jan 18, 2018 - The Hill talking about CBS poll
58% Sept 5, 2017 - Politico Poll
86% Sept 25, 2017 - WaPo Poll

I didn’t think that was ever a point of debate. DACA legislation has support from citizens and, if you take politics out of it, would pass in the Senate with ease. We have record low unemployment so the argument of them taking jobs is bullshit. By and large they are working, paying taxes, and are contributing members of society. There is no reason they shouldn’t be given a fair chance. Keep in mind that all of those polls specify that the Dreamers would need to pass certain requirements before being allowed to stay.

I can tell you right now, if you deport all immigrants, the new construction housing market in North Carolina would probably collapse overnight (no pun intended). And I know that around the country, other industries are relying on immigrants as well. Mainly agriculture in the Western US. I’m sure there are others.

Republicans KNOW that they will compromise on this topic. Economics and Humanitarian optics alone are enough reason to compromise. The key is using that compromise as leverage to gain other reforms. Remember, this is a negotation. They’re not going to hand a win to the Dems without getting something in return.

And you think long term that issue wouldn’t work its self out?

I’m not sure. There’s not very many millenials who want to get their hands dirty. We see it in the car scene. They all take out a huge loan to buy a new car. Very few are wrenching on projects anymore.