The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

Honestly, I don’t know. I’m sure it would, but you would never get the same amount of labor for your dollar. Cheap, fast labor is hard to come by. Simply put, illegals are willing to work for less. Their standard of living is very low.

In fact, I had a subcontractor look me dead in the face and tell me that if I agree let illegals do the work, they could cut the price. I think that was a granite countertop contractor.

None of that excuses them from the fact that they are here illegally. I understand that. You just have to understand the problem completely before you come up with a plan to deal with it.

The left: “We need higher minimum wages and a living wage for all jobs”

Also the left: ”We can’t have nice things without cheap illegal immigrant labor”

I’m certainly not the left, and I certainly don’t support higher minimum wages.

I also, 100%, still want to see strong reforms on immigration.

Yeah, that’s wasn’t directed at you, just the Democratic party in general since they argue for both.

Last 24 hours:

Trump says he’s open to citizenship for dreamers

Illegal aliens protesting outside Schumer’s home

Al Gore approving of Trump’s solar tariffs

:tspry:

What a time to be alive. :lol:

sources?

I knew, from the way they were talking about it, that they would accept Dreamers if they get their wall and merit based system replacing lottery system.

Hasn’t he bounced back and forth before? Hopefully he keeps that stance this time.

Illegal aliens protesting outside Schumer’s home

You suddenly give a shit about protesters now? :lol:

Al Gore approving of Trump’s solar tariffs

I’m excited to see what this does. It’s definitely in line with the ‘America First’ platform. :tup:

@boardjnky4 it’s all over the news. I searched for the audio of his statement but can’t find it.

Keep in mind the Dem’s promised “boarder security later for amnesty now” back in the '80s and they burned the Republicans on it. This is Trump’s way of negotiating to get a solution to the problem, so we don’t end up in the same place in another 30 years.

@Paulo what do all three of the topics I posted have in common? :slight_smile:

Oh relax. When it comes to DACA I’ve always thought Trump was on the right side of it (Well, more often than not) but was caught up in the partisan cat fight. He just needs to keep his message straight.

So about that memo. Are we ready to call it bullshit yet?

Just as a reminder…

Jokes aside, I doubt we’ll ever see it. Everyone is calling his bluff.

“I have not seen the memo, but I think it is sloppy, careless, and again, I think has no grounding in fact,” said Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Let’s be honest here. Before the memo was a thing, it was a general hypothesis that FISA warrants were obtained solely on the information obtained from DNC funded opposition research. After reading the RIDICULOUS text messages today from the FBI losers, you can honestly tell me the info in the memo isn’t going to be real? Just Republican fiction? At the risk of sounding like a shill, the swamp clearly runs deep.

This man is incredible. INCREDIBLE

#PRAISETRUMP #MAGA

@Paulo I’ve never met anyone who was asked to take part in a poll, including myself. I’m sorry but after the last election I don’t anyone’s polls serious anymore.

i have received poll calls. i usually do not answer them or hang up.

however, i did recently receive a call and decided to answer it genuinely.

It appears to me that because conservative values are shamed in the media and seen as impolite to discuss openly that people are forced to conceal or repress their true opinions.

I’ve decided not to do that. In fact, i was at a conference yesterday and openly changed the subject in conversations with important clients to discuss how supportive of President Trump i am. I was also in a private meeting with a US executive (C-suite) who called Trump an idiot. I stopped him and told them that the rest of us in the room were very Pro-Trump.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/17e73059eac02aec91a1a9da6fd8d25e/tenor.gif

it’s really difficult to change the world as a passenger.

The methodology is explained in most of them. The 2016 polls weren’t necessarily wrong considering Clinton got ~3 million more votes than Trump but the electoral college is an entirely separate subject.

that’s being too kind to the media @Paulo. the polls were consistently reporting certainty in a Clinton Presidency over months and across both the electoral and popular votes.

Media interpreting the polls versus poll results. Very different things.

Also, not all polls = media. There are polls that are conducted by the outlets which are obviously very skewed.