The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

Looks like McCabe doesn’t want to stick around for #ReleaseTheMemo

From the article:

effectively taking vacation until he reaches his planned retirement in a matter of weeks.

So this probably isn’t much of a development. I think everyone wants to see this memo get released except for Nunes.

His retirement is in early March, as he get’s pension benefits starting at that time.

Looks like he’s getting out of dodge just in time.

Is he “vacationing” in The USA?

Russia :wink:

i can’t tell how awesome this is. can someone please ELI5 how awesome this is?

Not that awesome. He already was publicly leaving in early March.

If we can get a “why”, then maybe it will bump the awesome-meter.

It’s getting more awesome now that the FBI director basically admitted McCabe bailed early because the memo that’s about to drop is going to look really bad for him. He didn’t, “just take some vacation time since he was retiring anyway”. He was basically told by his boss to leave or face a demotion.

The Times, citing one official close to McCabe, said the deputy director’s decision to leave before his anticipated retirement in March came after Wray discussed the looming inspector general report and suggested demoting McCabe from the number two post at the bureau.Rather than accept the demotion, the source told the Times, McCabe informed colleagues he would leave the bureau Monday.

I really can’t wait to see this memo.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/29/politics/chris-wray-mccabe-fbi/index.html

Maybe you guys forgot just a little while ago FBI director Wray threatened to resign after Sessions pressured him to fire McCabe. The day after Wray sees the memo he forces McCabe out because the memo is getting released. Seriously… WTF is in this memo?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370203-wray-threatened-to-resign-after-sessions-pressured-him-to-fire-fbi

Pelosi on CNN was crige-worthy. Basically calling a congressional committee a group of liars. Dear Nancy, an entire political party isn’t going to risk it’s reputation releasing something this big if it’s a lie.

It’s not even worth her arguing people will hate Trump regardless.

I mean hell all that leaked DNC stuff said they basically screwed Bernie and democrats forgot after a day.

Nancy Pelosi is the still the best thing going for the Republicans, even after the tax bill, the #Schumershutdown and now this memo leak. I just hope she survives it all. The Republicans really need her in these tough times!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Exxon Mobil announces $35 billion in new US investments over 5 years, citing tax reform

https://www.jinkosolar.com/press_detail_1419.html?lan=en

A week after the Trump administration unveiled tariffs of up to 30% on imports of solar panels, one of China’s biggest manufacturers announced that it plans to open a new plant in the U.S.
JinkoSolar said in a statement Monday that its board of directors had given the go-ahead to “finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S.”
The statement suggested Jinko’s decision was tied to the new tariffs, saying that the company “continues to closely monitor treatment of imports of solar cells and modules under the U.S. trade laws.”

If only there was a slogan to describe this newfound pattern of leveling the global playing field…

Oh wait, America First and Make America Great Again. #MAGA

Trump fucking killed it tonight.

what a fucking time to be alive.

i love Canada and being Canadian but i’m just so thrilled with what this guy is doing for you dudes.

A certain quote came to mind last night.

“Pay attention to those who don’t clap when you win”

The democrats looked like someone killed their cat. How do you not applaud jobs, lower taxes and immigration reform that allows everyone to win?

Oh, and they want to boo families who lost family members to gang violence, GTFO!

My company announce a $1,000 bonus to all non-senior level employees today, citing the tax reform.

I’ve been listening to all the naysayers in my office today complain that they don’t want the money, but will be taking it because they need it.

Sounds like tons of winning if you ask me…

Is this your first time watching a SOTU?

Negative Nancy. I watched Obama’s as well. Trump did all the things he was supposed to do, he said the right things, he honored the right people and he took his shots at the Democrats. I enjoy all of it.

Just finished watching it this morning since I was busy last night. Sounded good, props to him for staying on script and not letting his prickish side come out. When he was talking about all the jobs coming back and investments being made in the US i was really worried he was about to take a shot at Obama and his, “magic wand” comments but he took the high road and kept it positive. The most important number out this morning? 72% of independents approved of the speech. That’s a win.

I don’t read much into the left sitting on their hands. The right did it during Obama’s speech. Several times I saw the entire room clapping where they should. The shots of Pelosi looking like she was trying to swallow a big lump of dog shit were especially entertaining though.

Those are the worst kind of people. You think the tax plan is a joke? You better donate that extra money every week to charity.