them miners in Tallmansville, WV

My prayers go out to the families of the victims and more importantly the one still alive…hope he survives and comes out ok.

CBS news just reported that the miners could have walked out of the mine with their one hour oxygen supply!
They thought the mine was blocked because of the smoke.
This story just became a little more sad.:frowning:

Edit: So why couldn’t the rescue people walk in?
It seems like they could have cleared the smoke from the outside with pumps, fans, etc…:gotme:

Well CBS Is wrong because evidence showed that the miners tried raming the pile of rocks with they’re Mancar in a attempt to get free’d. So I have no clue as to what they are talking about in regards to “Walking Out”. And the O2 Bottle is a 1 Man bottle only. 1 bottle will not help the entire crew. However From my job in Emergency Services I could share My tank with another person. But at the most 1 person probably because you have to hold your breath the entire time your sharing your air!

CBS said the track had debris on it but they could have gotten out of the car and walked out.
I thought each miner had a oxygen supply of some type.

1 hours worth, they may have moved away from the initial explosion, then figured it wasn’t worth it to waste all their O2 by walking back to the site to see the damage…who knows…

But yes, I think they could have walked out, since the rescue teams just walked right to them…