Thief

kinda getting scary… now that were targets to thieves… and they can do there shopping for cars online…

Well not me, per say, since i drive something so shitty that no one wants to show up at the meets anyways…

Dunno guys this is kinda getting weird, thoughts anyone?

3 words.

1 appriasal

2 insurance

3 garage

I will not leave my car anywhere. If I go to eat, I park next to the window. If I go to a friends house, I won’t leave it more than an hour. If I park for work, I park in a secure location with cameras and security. 2-Way alarm helps too!

No one is takin my bitch away from me! :finga:

I threw on push button start and a couple safety relays so I dont think anyone other than me can even start it. It would take some smart wiring to bypass my shit! Whoot

My friend had a nice civic and my other friends shop threw in pain gnerators in the vents. Unless you have -30DB ear muffs I dont think you would want to stay too long. and ya 2 way is the shit!

I haven’t been on for awhile, what’s all this talk about a thief??

Thief is a pretty good game for PC. You can sneak up behind ppl and steal their money bags and such.(lol)

hahaha installed a kill switch

My 240 is insured for 16k. Go ahead and steal it assholes. :axe:

How does one go about getting an appraisal anyway?

look in yellow pages and you shall see. Call some up and see what they offer! I get all mine done in Lethbridge. Its actually a company in fortmcloud and he comes right to my place and look it over takes some photos and then leaves. A week later I get a booklet with all the info about the car with the pictures and then the appriased price. Costs me $100

From mytelus.com’s phone book:
http://business.superpages.ca/listings.jsp?CID=00190B0110F&MC=1&SRC=mytelus&C=Appraisers&T=Edmonton&S=AB&R=N&STYPE=S

I can’t vouch for any of these guys personally, however.

Oh I see. Does having your car appraised have any merit?

For example will insurance companies pay you the appraised amount, or just go by their books?

Just curious is all

The appraisal amount replaces their book value if it is higher, but they may make you pay a little more in insurance to cover the difference.

Is that for all insurance? damn i should get mine…

Yeah, but it depends on the appraiser, the market, and the appraiser’s experience with modified cars. Some have no idea how much some of the modifications on these cars are worth. Remember, it’s difficult (although not impossible) to come out on top when you’re in an accident that totals your car.