Thieves Steal $45K in Bikes and Parts

From the TU:

COLONIE — Thieves stole more than $45,000 worth of motorcycles and merchandise from a local dealership over the weekend, police said.

The alleged burglary occurred between 6 p.m. Friday and 9:53 a.m. Saturday at Albany Honda on 390 New Karner Road, police said.

The thieves pulled a trailer up to the dealership, shattered a store window and took seven Honda motorcycles, 40 state vehicle inspection certificates, two helmets, two motocross jerseys, one pair of motocross pants, six pairs of gloves and five goggles, police said.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Thieves-take-45K-in-motorcycles-apparel-3322036.php#ixzz1mNAwH6T7

Seems like they would have had a trailer backed up to a broken window for a long while to get all that out.

Seriously

Sounds a tad bit fishy to me…

Was grabbing a coffee next door at DD, and seen them interviewing him for Capital News Nine.

/pjb

yeah, sounds like an inside job to me…

and why wouldnt they have an alarm system? Thats dumb.

Sucks to hear…

Not only that but whenever I’m in that area Colonie PD is all over the place, seems strange that not 1 Colonie cop drove by while this happened, I mean that wasn’t a 5 min in and out job by any means.

heres MY detective skills lol

Fed up employee gets in place with key or leaves a door unlocked while closing up, takes his time loading shit up, packs all his shit up THEN breaks window and bounces to make look less suspicious…

Any normal crook would think that place has motion detectors and wouldnt attempt this… def an inside job

nutty. Being fast with a few people, back up with trailer doors open, one guy pulls ramps, 3 others push bikes up and in, just toss/drop them into the trailer (fuck the plastics) prolly dirt bikes anyway (no paperwork needed really for them), ramp guy snags soft goods and hucks them in. toss ramp in, close door and boogy. I can see that happening in less than 3 minutes really.

That blows for them for sure and I feel bad, I had enough shit stolen from me recently too I feel the pain. Its just goes to show you though, you can rely very little on having others protect you and your property… YOU are your best defense really. GOOD security cameras, inside and out, quality contracted response security companies that respond immediately, and maintaining all those things are a must for anyone who wants to keep their shit.

Then again, insurance is there for a reason, just make sure you are covered CORRECTLY, and read the fine print.

the BALLS you gotta have though to try and pull that off while passing cars/police could drive by doesnt add up… Unless some extremely desperate hillbilly thieves I cant see this happening… still think inside job.

i can literally see that place looking out the window at work.

Appears they got in through the back, garage door so i doubt there were any motion alarms in the garage.

I re-read it. happened 6P to 9A?

I vote no security system, or it was left in disarm… If the story to/from police is that time frame, that tells me it was something like “No idea what happened, left at the end of the day, and this is what i see when i get in”.

AKA no security system that would have triggered a call, or incident with the vendor. Or it wasnt arm’d.

or the news is off on its facts, and/or the police dont need to or want to share details.

you cant see the back of the building from the road either. maybe from the dunkin parking lot…

doesnt seem like that place does much business, i rarely see people there. I went in like 2 years ago because i was interested in a xr650. I walked around inside and called out, there was no one to be found. i could have pushed it right out the front door.

the inspection stickers thing is odd. They usually arnt left in the open. Or at least shouldn’t be. So they had a motive right there. And a connection to a group of riders. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Section boys are under suspicion now. I know 2 local agency’s know all about them and keep watch for them alot.

you’d have to be an employee, or a very repetitive customer to know where the inspection stickers were kept.

Definitely not a professional. No pro would steal inspection stickers let alone 2 helmets and 2 jerseys. 7 bikes I could understand. It reeks of an inside job for one, and very likely an insurance scam…JMO

Inspection stickers are void now anyway so other than visually appearing inspected they ate useless.