things shops tell newbs or unaware people

beat me to it :frowning:

somewhere there is a website where you can actually buy all this stuff, blinker fluid, horn fluid, muffler bearings, i cant remember the url though.

www.kalecoauto.com

Carnut got JnJ a couple times at Car Quest with “Yeah Hi, can you find me some stock pistons for a 1987 Mazda RX7, please?” “Not a problem, let me look up the part numbers…” “<heavy breathing and contained laughter>.” “Don, you asshole!!” click

:lolham:

i need spark plugs for my diesel.

i need a 710 cap…

Just so you guys know, if your inspection is expired the shop CAN remove your sticker and hold your car. It’s only if your inspection hasn’t expired yet that they can’t legally remove your sticker and hold you over a barrel.

they cant hold your car, they can remove the sticker tho

thank you. i was just about to type this. Again people bitching about something they know nothing about. Yell at the state not us. Let’s see should i rip off the old sticker or leave it on and risk getting fined?

no but if ur a rude asshole iam going to call the police and let them know ur car sitting in my lot

<–shaking head, I have more stories than you’d believe as i do this type of stufff for a living.

Goodyear charging people $100 to re-balance their tires in winter. Or, should I say spray them with hot water til the ice melts out of the rim.

Goodyear trying to tell my girlfriend that she needs a new battery. Of course they tested it from the front jump terminal. Mind you the battery is in the trunk in '05 Saturn Ion’s. No wonder it tested low.

dude kanutson valves are only $65.99! better cop 2 just in case. i’m also saving up for that $175k flux capacitor.

Those local tire shops that charge you 25-30 bucks per tire to mount and balance a tire that you didn’t buy there.

Took the wife’s protege to Monroe for an inspection and oil change.

“She needs new tires and brakes at all 4 corners. We’ve got these Eagle RS-A’s in stock.”

I felt bad as I usually carry myself in a more professional manner, but I burst out laughing at the dickwad when I saw the receipt that read “Subtotal of declined parts: $1800.” I felt like smacking him and saying “Dude? I’m a guy? You think you’re going to sell me 2 grand of crap when I come in for an oil change?”

She did need new tires and brakes. DIY brakes with good pads, and decent summer tires from Tread City: $550.

X2 :clap:

my girlfriends dealer told her her check engine light was on because her tires needed to be rotated.

ROFLMAO

What year was the car?

Some check engine lights come on for periodic maintenance… and when the told her that it was on because she needed “an oil change, a coolant flush, and a tire rotation” all she remembered/understood to tell you was “a tire rotation”.

Just sayin.

Baught n4 tires from goodyear in Batavia…I wanted to return them and get my money back. The guy says “you cant get your money back because we had to order the tires (even though it only took like an hr for them to get there), but you can exchange them for different tires if you want”. Ofcourse the ones they were also going to charge me more for the exchange also. So it was basicly “you cant get your money back but you can trade them in if you get more expensive tires and give us more money”. Bastards can DIAF.

i love your grammar that is all.