things shops tell newbs or unaware people

[quote=“boxxa,post:99,topic:32352"”]

Firestone has a coupon for a $6.99 inspection.

Figured yea, what a deal.

What I failed to realize is that the Firestone I went to is right near UB, a school full of rich dumbasses who just spend daddys money.

I take my car in, my sticker got pulled becuase my steering control brace (the guy described it a “frame on rollers”) was bad and my inspection had to be pulled. The price to fix: $1,300.

Took my car to a trusted shop and told him the story a week later, he looked at it and he said if it was that bad i wouldn’t be able to drive it home. Fucking scams.

[/quote]

your sticker can only be pulled if its overdue nys says as soon as we pull your vehicle through are garage door we as inspectors take that overdue sticker off

I roll in to jiffy lube, they pop the hood… Some old guy comes out and asks me what honda is, and what kind of car it is… No mechanical questions, didnt question the balding tires, the missing front plate, the burnt out rear turn signal… Just wanted to know who the hell honda was and what vtec did… The problem with that is… He was serious…

If you want to pass a inspection, go to jiffy lube on transit when the crazy old guy is there :wink:

[quote=“accordtl99,post:97,topic:32352"”]

mercedes on main only charged 10 dollars for inspection…

[/quote]

If a vehicle is less than 2 years old it only gets a safety inspection which is $10, or if its 25 years or older. Safety is $10, emissions is $11.

i dont know about that goff…I have an '86 which afaik only gets safety inspected yet I still get charged $21

[quote=“FightinMike,post:104,topic:32352"”]

i dont know about that goff…I have an '86 which afaik only gets safety inspected yet I still get charged $21

[/quote]

I took my inspection class friday and the handout I got said anything older than 25 years old is exempt from emissions so you shouldn’t be charged for it if they aren’t doing it, unless they are doing it when they don’t have to.

EDIT: the test was joke, I took 2 pages of notes and didn’t use any of them for the test and got a 100%

how bout noobs tell people. “i buff my car with rubbing compound”