think it will hold up? *pics

ok so heres the deal, i had that evil rear 1/4 rott that i fixed by cutting an old front fender up into an L shape, welding the top to the top and to the inner wheel well and the bottom to the bottom obviously, then coverd the gap in tape (duct tape ect…) then fiberglassed the shit out of it and then bondo and paint, think it will last? im worryed about the rocks being kicked up from the rear wheels and all those burnouts lol

anywho heres some pics to better understand

fiberglass and welded stage

first coat of bondo stage

PS thanks kenny for the fenders lol

LOlz thats so fuckin sick =), looks preety good im insanely happy you were able to make such good use of my busted up fenders lolz

red paint on your teardops? i would haved just glassed the whole thing lol.
but yeah it should hold. if it dosn’t who cares, you have red paint on your
teardrops!! j/k

peace

please dont make fun of those rims buddy…

hahahahaha

im keeping the red rims dont u worry, i think im guna have to paint the fronts black tho… and i dident glass the whole thing cause i wanted SOME structure other than glass, i dident want it to flex and brake. ill post up some pics of the finnished product soontime.

haha thanks, if you ever need anything you know where to find me.

if you didn’t cut out all the rust/rusting areas you’ll be in for an unpleasent surprise in about a year.

interesting thing about rust is that you dont have to get rid of it all if you know what your doing. if you cover it all and make sure it cant breath and no more water can get in (non pouris paint) you can stop rust dead in its tracks. thats why they make rustproofing that you can spray over rust killing it (ie rust killer) im a bit drunk tho so this spelling is going to be horible. sorry boys.

thanks for the advice tho.

covering up does not work it will eventually and enevitably come back, the only thing aside from removing rust, is to use a compound that will chemically react with the rust, and create a non ferous surface. IE POR15

heres a story, my grandfather had this old lawn tractor and it was rusting pretty bad so he used a wire wheel and just cleaned the bulk off of the framing of the tractor. now you see it dident get rid of all the rust but most. after this he used i belive non pouris paint and some roofers tar or somthing like that and thats it… now 30 years later its still not back and last summer i went out with a wire brush and out of curiousity scrapped some of that paint and shit off and the little bit of rust was still there and never got any bigger or did anything for those 30 years. yes the only sure way is to remove it all together but cover it right and youll be fine. man this post is like a novel