thinking about joining VAG

Get another M3 you pussy.

Just dont get on it :slight_smile:

if you get a TDi get a 99.5-03 ( engine ALH). they are the most fuel efficent. don’t get an automatic tdi, they suck.

you can get a solid jetta/golf TDi with 80-120k for 7-8k.

theres a TDi in LI, its a silver 2 door golf, 5 speed, 170k on it, its an ALH, for 4400$

Aside from what is no doubt just a switch in one of the doors gone bad (the door chime thing), everything else you’re describing is pretty common for cars with those features in general.

Both of my E36’s had the door striker microswitches fail which means all of the interior lights, the door chime, and even the coupe sealing windows would go off as I went over bumps.

A trip to the dealer with a 20 spot and 20 minutes and it was new again.

Just saying.

TDI

/THREAD

Dooo ettt!!

Buy my Jetta its mint.

This is my 2003 GLI VR6. It has about 70k on it. The motor is the 24V VR6. Ive had it for 3 months and have put about $1,000 into it. Now it needs a valve cover gasket which is going to run me another who knows how much. I dont want to hear its because the person before me didnt take care of it. Ive never taken care or maintained my Scion, its at about 150k and has had $75 in repairs since i bought it brand new in 2004 and that was brake pads and a air filter. Never again with a VW, and i mean it this time. depending on how much it is to fix the valve cover gasket i may trade this thing in.

Wrong. Was not the door chime thing gone bad. It was a pressure switch which is a common fail in those cars and it’s not a 20 spot repair. The part cost’s $90.00. Just saying.

yeah man, my buddy has an 03 GLI and i did a bunch of work on it. they suck. great when all is well, but if something goes wrong, run. buying a mk4 JETTA plus ANY VR6 engine is asking for problems. not sure why but VR6 Jettas have the most issues. 00-01 GTi VR6s have their share of problems too.

Fack VW

That is all. :lol

yeah Toyota for life.

we have a few new tdi jettas at langan… i’ve got a silver stick on the lot… 236 lbs/ft FTW!

i saw on vw’s website that there is a $1,300 trade in discount for a tdi i believe, does that add onto the $4500 fuel efficiency discount too?

Word my boss at work has an old early 80’s rabbit diesel with close to 300K on the clock.

WIN:thumbup

i have since returned to the VAG:ahh

the 1300 is a tax rebate… we don’t take it off the price of the car… you get it back in taxes… plus all the sales tax you can write off in taxes s well… close to 3500 in total right off the top at the end of the year

p.s. that doesn’t count the cash for clunkers rebate either… so really is like $8,000 in saving!