This is why i hate cobalt ss drivers

That vid is REALLY old…probably from like last year…I could care less how fast my car is really…is it slow? Not super slow…is it fast? Not really…It’s just a decent everyday driver that is faster than the average car on the street. I raced wickedcivy when he was stock and I had my GM stage 2 kit(from a roll obviously) and it was like even I even went for a quick race with psphinx and that was pretty close too(before his cams and spray)…that kid might be sitting on his brain. I’m pretty sure I hate my car for the pure fact of the rep it gets, I just wish these kids wouldn’t post shit like this up:banghead:

there are douche bags that drive every kind of car.

douchebaggery is not brand exclusive.

:word:

WOW!

Yeah, I was gonna post earlier…I’ve seen GP owners think that the “GTP” is DA SHIT. I ask what they have done…they tell me, “its supercharged.” Best is when they tell me its “turbocharged”…when its stock supercharged. That even reminds me of when I was at the Shredd & Regan cruise night and 2 stock GTPs are parked next to each other reving back and forth (bouncing off the limiters) yelling, “hear my S/C man”!!! WTF…lmao

Regardless of who is driving what, I HATE all cobalts.

needless to say i am not bashing any of the cobalt drivers on this site (except for maybe silver_hornet) cause most seem to be pretty cool.

^^^^^^makes more sense to me know

I did… I did… lol

Yea we get a bad name because of kids like the one in that video. That kid is a tool. I like my cobalt ss :snky:.

Any young driver with a new “sporty” car, no matter what kind, that mommy and daddy bought is going to act like a tool. That was not an sti. A stock WRX is slow and is not something I would post losing to on the interweb.

I actually like the cars themselves. Decent looking, decent sounding, and reasonably quick for a sub $20k GM plus modding potential. Hell even the interior is nicer than most any GM I’ve seen:
http://www.autoweek.com/files/weekart/2005/0620/chevycobalt_interior.jpg
I like it anyways.

I’d rock one, but my first mod would be swapping the big spoiler for the low one. That’s ugly. Of course I’d do that to an Evo or an STI too.

no need to swap spoilers anymore…Hi and Lo are options on the 07’s! along with heated seats. and that picture is of an 05/06. The steering wheels are now 3 point.

plus the cobalt seems slated to die after 2009.

Wow, even better. Can you imagine if Honda offered a supercharged 4 cylinder coupe with heated leather for <$25k? Half this board would be on their way to the dealership.

What do these things run stock? What about with GM stage whatever? (pulley, injectors, & software kind of a deal)

^^^

Its tough to swap just the wing on the STi, then the hood scoop looks out of place. And its tough to go to a WRX or RS hood, because the STi one is aluminum. You have to spend some $$ to do it right.

I must also agree, that I like the interior of the cobalt. It was my third choice for my car, behind the STi and then the Evo.

–mark

i’m sure not every cobalt owner is bad…but my flat black integra with a broken exhaust sets off at least one idiot SS driver a day along with countless hatch drivers.

though sometimes i give them a rev just for the entertainment value of watching them go ballistic and roaring off into traffic.

if i only had a penny for each time someone considered me a douchebag just because of the car I drive :lol:

And agreed with the above point, every car has their own douchebags stepping up to represent :slight_smile:

def was not an sti, had WRX side skirts and looked like wrx wheels, you can’t fit those over sti brakes…

Now I think of it…when I try to instagate (sp?) a race with a 'vette/f-body/stang and they look over at me in my GP the look they give is similiar to what I give a dip shit ~whatever~ car driver that “thinks” his car is fast.

BUT, then it comes down to the phrase “u never know”. We are living in a time where the “you never know” concept is in full effect. Examples: my GP stock mufflers, GT badges, no custom rims tint NUTHIN, a hint of a rough idle…only the keen ear would think that this car had anything done to it. Another example, a Honda civy hatch…dead quiet at a light, little bit of a idle rumble… then light goes green, before u can tell yourself ur gonna smoke him, u got tires spinage and a nice blowoff valve in ur ears as he pulls a bus. Hell, my ratty malibu wagon has a 400 in it and has pulled on a El Tee Juan.
Alot…ALOT of people dont even know u can mod the cars stated above.

Hell, I was even considering a Cobalt when they first came out. I already had it set in my mind what I was gonna do with it. I’d do like how Ive gone/going with my GP. Start off with simple stuff…CAI, cat back exh., port the M62. Then, smaller pulley, IC upgrades. Add a header, install bigger injectors, venture to install a more perf. focused cam, then a head. All the while have HP Tuners for tuning. Then, it’ll be time for DR’s. Go as fast as I can with the combo. Probably buy more parts that keep coming out…lol. THEN, install a turbo kit and take it even further…all the while punching yourself in the face wondering why the fak you’ve spent all this money on a FWD car…

Im high on caffine :headbang: :headbang:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/Jerseyjonny/19.jpg

mmm turbo

Yeah that Ecotec aint no joke! GM calls it todays smallblock…I dunno about that since its a pain in the ass to work on…mostly just that fuckin timing chain and tensioner.

:wstupid: