This is why i hate cobalt ss drivers

i knock them, and wish they would listen to others that have experience

this is called youth

we’ve all done it

and everyone’s gonna do it at some point. whatever

/thread

CLIFFS: who the fuck cares about stock cobalt SS’s

lol

I had a run-in with a cobalt ss owner a week or so ago. I was in my blue z which is at best a mid-high 13 second car. This dude is in the passenger seat of a 4-door ford focus with a fart can. They do a mini fly by on Sheridan and as we get up to the next light he tells the driver of the focus “it’s ONLY a camaro”, he says it loud enough to make sure I hear it. So I repeat what he says as I look at him, and he gets all huffy saying “I have a cobalt ss, I’ll run you for pinks any day!!!” …Now correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you have to actually have your car paid off in order to run someone for 'pinks" ? So I tell him I have another car too, (he never even asked me what it was, apparently his cobalt ss>*) and he’s like go get it I’ll run you right now, blah, blah, blah. He’s like maybe early 20’s at best. I asked him if he was an nyspeed guy (I figured he was), and he says “fuck no, I hate all of those guys!” So I guess he hates all 2700 of us. I mean kids these days need to learn a few rules.

1. You can’t race for “pinks” when the bank still owns your car.
  2. You don’t start shit when you own a cobalt.

lets just say if u own a cobalt ur pretty lame get a real car!!!

[quote=“woody,post:28,topic:27102"”]

because he kept up with a 13 second car YO! thats stupid fast!

[/quote]

so what does that say about me keeping up with a 12 second car?

:lol:

i only know a few cobalt ss owners, and they dont live up to the rep that this thread is giving them…so :tdown: to rants about one vid, and :tdown: to the punchbowl effect…

If you’re gonna rant, rant about Cougar’s, Cavalier Z24’s, Grand AM GT’s and Tiburon’s

EDIT:

I’m surprised SRT-4’s haven’t been brought up in this thread yet either lol…

by the way srt 4’s suck just thought id throw it out there
recently i was cruisin in my z28 high 12 car and following me was woody in the 300zx i took off from a light next to a cobalt ss, black, after he screamed fbods suck out his window. Not only did i pull about 15 cars on it woody managed to pass him from the chase car area about 4 cars back and half throttle.

Gay car and most of the kids that drive them dont know shit about anything. end rant.

[quote=“1995z2d8,post:86,topic:27102"”]

Gay car and most of the kids that drive them dont know shit about anything

[/quote]

:ham: this thread sucks so hard.

douchebaggery is not automotive brand exclusive. welcome to real life, where douchebaggery runs amuck and morons and idiots are everywhere. get used it. I think it takes a certain level of maturity to enjoy watching asshats be asshats.

[quote=“1995z2d8,post:86,topic:27102"”]

by the way srt 4’s suck just thought id throw it out there
recently i was cruisin in my z28 high 12 car and following me was woody in the 300zx i took off from a light next to a cobalt ss, black, after he screamed fbods suck out his window. Not only did i pull about 15 cars on it woody managed to pass him from the chase car area about 4 cars back and half throttle.

Gay car and most of the kids that drive them dont know shit about anything. end rant.

[/quote]

fbody’s go high 12’s stock. Why even bring up that your car is high 12’s :mamoru:

[quote=“neonglh,post:53,topic:27102"”]

^^^

Its tough to swap just the wing on the STi, then the hood scoop looks out of place. And its tough to go to a WRX or RS hood, because the STi one is aluminum. You have to spend some $$ to do it right.

[/quote]

uhm WRX hoods are aluminum, pretty sure 06+ RS hoods are too

lmao… I’ve smoked SS’s in just my WRX. What an idiot.

[quote=“joelster,post:83,topic:27102"”]

I had a run-in with a cobalt ss owner a week or so ago. I was in my blue z which is at best a mid-high 13 second car. This dude is in the passenger seat of a 4-door ford focus with a fart can. They do a mini fly by on Sheridan and as we get up to the next light he tells the driver of the focus “it’s ONLY a camaro”, he says it loud enough to make sure I hear it. So I repeat what he says as I look at him, and he gets all huffy saying “I have a cobalt ss, I’ll run you for pinks any day!!!” …Now correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you have to actually have your car paid off in order to run someone for 'pinks" ? So I tell him I have another car too, (he never even asked me what it was, apparently his cobalt ss>*) and he’s like go get it I’ll run you right now, blah, blah, blah. He’s like maybe early 20’s at best. I asked him if he was an nyspeed guy (I figured he was), and he says “fuck no, I hate all of those guys!” So I guess he hates all 2700 of us. I mean kids these days need to learn a few rules.

1. You can’t race for “pinks” when the bank still owns your car.
  2. You don’t start shit when you own a cobalt.

[/quote]

This is pure comedy. As long as they stay in their lane let the comedians make you laugh.

bump

srt4 owners are all little highschool punks too

I am 33 and I own a Cobalt SS and let me tell ya…I wont even think of racing an EVO or a WRX cause I know they are faster. Every single SS owner i have ever ran into was a complete ASSHOLE. Last week i had a kid in one revvin at me and redlining as i slowly drove past him… I was like WTF?

There is no stock fourth gen f bods running in the 12’s not even close.
I have a 6 speed lt1 with headers, full exhaust, 4.11’s, and drag radials out back and i do not run 12’s yet. adding a full top end and a blower so keep smiling buddy way to go.

And there is a cobalt ss driver who believes he will beat me after i add a new top end and a supercharger probably giving me times in the low 11’s and he insists i have no chance.

All he has is a stage two blower and some other minor mods including sick gapped spark plugs and 50 tanks of gas so i think its time to throw in the disturbed cd and pull some buses.

:funny: :roll2: It might the El Tee Juan that holds you back. I know of a local 4th Gen. in the 12s with a few bolt ons deep in the 12s…valve covers havent even been off.

well maybe but either way no way for a stocker you definitely need some modding. ls1’s are defintely faster stock but still not 12’s most people exxagerate when they give their times that we all know. but i believe it definitely.

by the way saw your car nice man it moves out definitely a sleeper we should run sometime.

i like my grand am gt, its a great daily car and had a lil pep in it if i have to pass someone. :gotme:

[quote=“neonglh,post:88,topic:27102"”]

fbody’s go high 12’s stock. Why even bring up that your car is high 12’s :mamoru:

[/quote]

Since when do fbods run 12’s stock, haha.

Oh yeah, this thread sucks too, there’s too much talk of cobalts. They’re econobox cars. I don’t care what’s done to them. That’s all. This is a waste of bandwith.

:lockd:

Anyone ever go to Lancaster on Tuesdays for some grudge racing? A lot of Shi! could be settled.