This thingy on my coilover thingy

okay so dudes, I need some help I got [ATTACH=CONFIG]23475[/ATTACH] these coilovers. I circled the part i’m missing, i’m pretty sure its a bushing (pretty sure it is) So now what my question is where can I get another one of these things and if i can’t get this exact one is there any other “bushings” I can use on this one. AND where can I buy one around here.

Anyone that can help me will be awarded 10 cool points.

Looks like you’re missing the lower eye mount bushing also on the top one.

did you buy his car too?

yup.

AHH good eye, I didn’t even see that. -.- Do you know what that piece is called that i’m missing on the bottom one?

I’d sooner call it a sleeve instead of a bushing. Bottom lock collar and spacer sleeve? Haven’t seen that style of coil personally.

Hm okay thanks, they’re HKS Hiypermax Rs.

Is the “sleeve” threaded? If so, remove the bottom collar and put on the other so you can at least lock both coils

So remove the bottom collar on the top one and put it on the one missing the spacer sleeve? huh…? I just wanted to know if I could get another one of those “spacer sleeves” to put on the coilover that’s missing it.

I’m lost as to why that spacer is even needed, I’d just take off the remaining one and find a 2nd collar for the other side.

are you serious right now? lmao oh man i thought i need that spacer there. sigh Do you know where I could find another collar like that one?

nvm, just realized the spacer has a the bottom collar built into it. I thought they were separate. IF they actually are separate (so under the spring you would have 3 pieces, a small ring collar, the spacer and another ring collar) take the bottom collar off and put it on the coilover missing all the shit. If the sleeve and collar are attached, then you gotta find another one :S

They aren’t separate. My buddy said that sleeve is for ride height adjustment. I’m not too sure now. I contacted some guys from the HKS website they said they can get the parts. Hopefully they can get this ish…

EDIT: never mind they don’t have anything -.-

I’m sure you can have a collar machined.

Where could I go get one done?

I usually get my custom stuff made by Jenza Metals. Call them up, ask for Sunny, and tell them you need to replicate a collar ring for your coilover. If he’s up for it, bring in the part you need made.

Alright man, thanks a lot i’m going to give him a shout in a bit.

wat this guy says

-.-

So i’ve decided to take off the sleeve and lock collar for now. Does anyone know where I can get the eye mount bushing for the top one?

Ok mate. From the sound of this thread and your posts, you’re in a world of hurt so I’m just going to try to steer you in the right direction.

You HAVE to have the lock collar and sleeve. Contact HKS, see if they have a North American dealer, give them the part # for the coilover and keep your fingers crossed that some kind of part like that is available. They’ll probably charge you 100 bucks for it. just a guess.

Get yourself a measuring caliper and measure the inner diameter of the ring of the ‘eye’ mount. Take those dimensions to a suspension shop and see if they can help you find a spherical ball joint. Pm me if you need a shop. I know one in mississauga but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg to get the correct part pressed in.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Another post. by the looks of it the threads on that strut are toast. you’ll probably need to get it rebuilt… might as well just buy a replacement.