Thoughts on a Hyundai Genesis 2.0t Track edition?

Depends what you want to do but RWD is just so much nicer/more fun to drive than FWD or AWD. Check out a BMW too.

things are trash even though its big brother is great.

Lets be honest, you don’t get anything NEW in this price range that doesn’t suck. :lol

THIS.

In its price range you could have bought a 600whp+ evo and drove it home to your garage.

Good lord that is hot.

If you’re thinking about the Genesis, go test drive one. Take the turbo 4 and the v6 out and see how you like them.

Biggest set back for the 2.0 is the Seimens ecu. As of now all you can do is a piggyback or go full standalone but hopefully that’ll change soon.
3.8 guys on the other side of the pond run twin turbo v mount setup putting down 480whp on 93.

I would wait for this car a year or two for the aftermarket support starts pouring in

I was looking into them but they just dont have the aftermarket support to make them reasonably quick without dropping way too much money into it. I think the highest numbers I saw without a turbo upgrade were in the low 200whp range, 220whp I think. And it would cost a few grand just to get to that point.

there is an upgraded turbo kit for 4 grand that’ll get you to a 12.998 (literally)

Its a well built car, good for a mild daily. The drive by wire and ecu does suck.

For the price i’d look at a used bimmer but thats just me.

You can find a real nice E36M or an ok E46M in that range.

Why buy a turd korean car new when you could get a much nicer clean used car for the same price?

I ran one on the highway about 2 months back. It was black, body kit, alteast Intake/exhaust and had a loud ass BOV…new jersey plates. Young kid with his women.

it was a close race! the car definitely surprised me…

I left it in 5th and still beat him from a 50 hit…

problem is, if hes not paying cash for the E36, or has money down for the E46, they are harder to finance, and the interest rates generally arent as great, or even close to what you can get on a new car.

Drove one, liked it, almost bought an R-Spec but the financing was fucking horrible… After the test drive there was some random steam in the engine too, a little disconcerting.