Thoughts on high compression turbo builds

im aware. but hes blindly saying that the nissan engine is junk.

im not saying there junk at all, i have a nissan 3.0 myself. I have seen ls6 blocks take a lot of abuse though, just feel that theres better parts in an ls6 than his motor

Owner of Z1 is making over 1000rwhp on the VG30. I don’t know anything about the LS6 but the VG is plenty stout

sure, i just dont want people to think that i think that nissan motors are junk, i like my nissan motor

I will say this… The VG motors can hold their own considering they are not forged internals…

but i do agree an LSx motor can hold a lot more.

Ned, im not saying you have to go forged, IM just saying you could make your goal on your N/A motor but youd have to be a little more cautious

ok i havent read the entire thread but i was running 10-12 psi on my 10.5.1 vr daily. but thats all i would push through it. any more than that even on the forged internals of the vr6 and dropping the compression is highly recomended. imo

unless you plan on running higher octane then all numbers change.

the extra displacement sure spreads the stress out more. and it takes less boost to make the high power. anything when exposed to less stress will perform at that level more safely and for a longer period.

higher octane really wont do anything as for internals. torque kills rods. the more boost you cram into the engine, regardless if it resists detonation or not, will increase the torque produced during the process of combustion. the only thing the higher octane may save are the piston crowns and ring lands, because it will infact help resist or avoid detonation. but if you bend or break a rod your in a whole other world of hurt.

thats what i was trying to say before with the size of the motor, guess it just came out wrong

and you would know more about bending rods now wouldn’t you. i kid i kid haha

no bent 1.8t rods, i put strong rods in before i went crazy.

broken 16v stuff, i know all about that.

I run 10.5:1 compression in my crossflow

k03 FTW…does work in the coupe:thumbup