Ticket for no expired inspection.

I got a ticket yesterday because my inspection was expired. I know the ticket is like $50 to the town and $70 to the state.

Has anybody gotten out of one. I got my car inspected yesterday after work, the officer mentioned somthing about showing the receipt to the DA which in this case is also the police chief.

Can a DA throw out the ticket if you had the car inspected the day you received it?

In ToT & ToA the ticket will get thrown out if you’ve gotten it inspected by Sundown.

yes. bring it to the da and they throw it out.i think its 48 hours to get it inspected. make sure you bring the car becuase i have heard sometimes the DA goes out and looks at the car but I personally have never seen it.

i brought the reciept one time for my inspection that had my plate on it and they threw out the ticket.

They will throw out the ticket, you just have to go back within 24 hours of the ticket and show the da.
In orchard park its 24 hours, I dont know about other towns.

i just got mine inspected the day of my court date. they gave me a 20 dollar parking ticket.

Probably depends on the judge/da.

When we were still living in Tonawanda (7 years ago or so) my wife got an expired inspection ticket from a state trooper on the 290 right near the 190. 1 day overdue, we had an appointment the next day, and the judge still didn’t drop it.

What if your receipt says when you got it taken care of. Did you show up the next day to the DA or when you had court?

I showed up the day after I got the ticket with the receipt. I didn’t even have to talk with the da, the officer that was at the counter took the ticket (after checking the car out in person) and said that it will be thrown out and I didn’t need to go to court.

I would go down today seeing as some places you get 24 hours and others its 48 hours to get it inspected. It should work like any other “fix it” ticket, just have your receipt to show you got the inspection done. If you can’t get down there by today or tomorrow, then I’d show up with your receipt on the court date.

ive just always made up a blullshit excuse as to why I couldn’t get it done and have either gotten out of them or gotten it reduced to like a $20 parking ticket.

i have no expired inspections.

do you think i’ll get a ticket?

Change the title.that makes no sense

I’m sorry you didn’t understand what the thread was about. I saw the mistake after half a dozen people responded that READ MY POST and figured out what I was asking.

Does anyone know who are the police for Royalton? It wasn’t a Sharif and I don’t see it on the ticket.