Tickets...tickets...tickets..

I dont know if this is the right section to write about my self getting tickets therefore i hope it won’t get deleted.

I recieved a ticket for having 2 bald rear tires (from drifting) on my 240. The cop even asked me i drift but i said no of course. So yeah a good $110 on that ticket. I’m going to plea not guilty as i feel he will not show up for court. My dad thinks i should fight it too.

Secondly, i recieved a ticket yesterday for having “improper” license plate location. Basically my front license plate is sitting on my dash on the passenger side where it is fully visibile. Another $110 for this ticket as well. The reason for myself not putting it on the front bumper was because the holes did not match meaning i needed to buy a bracket of some sort. I tried 2 dealers but they had nothing. I will also be fighting this ticket as a result of myself being not guilty. I would appreciate some feedback on what i could say and some of your guys opinions. I swear the cop was in a bad mood. To top it off he gave me a warning for my exhaust as well…he even made me start my car and rev it to 3000 rpm. Bastard he was. These are my first vehicle violations so some help would be awesome.

DK

never had a ticket for bald rear tires, but I have gotten 2 plate tickets like that.

One was in my Fiero and I said I git hit in a parking lot a couple days before and one was on order… didn’t work. Faught it and he didn’t show up.
The second one was in my Kouki, I was driving up to TMP (Cayuga) for a large event and they had the road blocked, checking every car that passed through. I had my plate in the dash, cause I had a brand new bumper on the car and had to wait 4 weeks to drill holes in it. I told the cop this and even showed him the receipt but he just told me to “tell it to the judge”. So I did. and he still gave me the ticket. His arguement was that in the event of an accident, the plate turns into a flying weapon and could hurt someone inthe car. I also had him show me what it said in the HTA in terms of location (cause I told him it was secured) and it gives specific rules on where and how it is mounted.

Fight them, fight every ticket you ever get (unless he is giving you a ginormus break already).

Theo

yeah with the plate, it must be displayed outside

and with the tires he let you off easy as he could have pulled your plates and told your car was unfit and forced you to pay for an immediate tow or impound the car until you could pay for the tow.

but sure, go to court and cross your fingers that he dosen’t show. otherwise I would just plead guilty if they offer you a deal and he shows.

there is a mandate in effect for police officers to show up to court (they have to show up no exceptions). if you go and get a bill from nissan showing you ordered the plate holder they will drop the plate ticket ( i did this and it worked for me , as for the bald tires , i would just pay the ticket and get new tires.

just my .02 cents

farmer

good idea!!! my bumper has been recently painted as well. so my excuses could be:

1. the holes do not match
  2. the paint is too fresh to be drilled into

theo you’re a genious

if the cop shows up you will likely lose on both accounts because you are at fault.

however, despite the mandate that Farmer mentioned you will find that many officers do not show up for tickets, particularly the lesser ones like the ones you have received.

You’re at fault in both cases, if the cop was actually in a bad mood he would have had your car towed due to the tires, probably would have not givin you a warning for the exhaust.

You got tickets for safety violations not just subjective crap. Good luck with fighting them, but you did deserve them.

good idea!!! my bumper has been recently painted as well. so my excuses could be:

1. the holes do not match
  2. the paint is too fresh to be drilled into

theo you’re a genious[/quote]

the holes dont match? you dont own a drill… or failing that… a nail… and a hammer…

put some holes in that plate and put it on… call it a day.

they arent going to let you off. infact they will probly laugh at you. … weakest excuses ever…

GT

Drilling holes isn’t hard to do. I do the everyday with pdi’s. Not an excuse. front plate bracket, tie wrap to the side, or make one out of sheet metal it take like 10min and doesn’t stick out as far as a stock one. These are small stupid tickets nothen big. There is more to come. The point is to fix it so you don’t have to get them. $110 and no points I would rather pay than miss a day of work.

well if you pay both tickets thats 220 so if u win on both you save that and if you show up with a reciept for new tires theyll probably drop it seeing that you fixed the problem

Well first off, the cop was justified in giving you those tickets.

He’s doing his job. And you admitted that you were drifting. And having a license plate behind the windshield isnt a good idea.

But i would still fight any tickets. And not with the lame excuses that you have. Fresh paint, mismatched holes. :rolleyes:

And you misspelled “genius”.

I have replaced the tires. Infact i was going to change them on my way to work that same day. I got pulled over literally 10 metres from my garage, it was pathetic.

meh

you know what to do now

and dont use those crap ass excuses you think will work

GT