time attack / grip events this comign sesson??

come on i want in!!
i know of all the countless drift events . but what about grip??

lol rabbit, there’s wayyyy more grip events than drift events. You’ve just been blocking them out.

:frowning: but but i want to grip…

whats the largest “beginner” grip event out there?

^^^
I’m with him. If i go, David will probably want to go so he can laugh and make fun of me.

^That’s ok, I got a new whip to go with now :wink: no need to bother making fun of Caleb, unless i’m passing him on the outside.

As for Rabbit, most beginner you can get that I can think of is Battle Endless. Honestly full of ****ing n00bs like Caleb and yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Battle Endless people are very friendly, Gabe and Ken from BE are good people and make sure you have a good time on track. Pretty much open lapping and signal to pass rules (although me and vlad have trouble following that, just pass them on outside if they’re slow). Start there, track days IIRC were 75-90 dependant on number of people.

Once you’ve leveled up and not a single BE n00bies passing you and you feel like you need more competition with faster cars. Then… STEP UP TO SPEEDSTAR. You’ll get a nice killing from them first day… Been to my 3rd event with them already and still can’t keep up with top guys there.

There’s also various lapping days from different car clubs and organization. I highly doubt there’s a single weekend that’s never had a lapping day during summer. I know the Honda/Acura owners have their own track days as well as Mazda’s and Toyota’s. Way too many car clubs and way too many cars and way too much track days. I just pick non-specific car model track days like speedstar and battle endless.

Rabbit, im gunna hit up a bunch of auto cross and some lapping days this summer. If you want i can call you like a week in advance, maybe post up to see if people want to come. some auto-X’s are free, most cost under $50.

My next car’s platform is perfectly suited for auto-x ;)!

I’m thinking of hitting up Solo I and II for 2008 season.

ooooo what did u get???/
slash . thanks david and terry .
thanks for the info , yeah terry pending on whne i get my car i will for sure go to auto x events with you

Secret :wink:

Ive always gone to the Drfit events but this year i wanna come to 1 or 2 grip evrents…always loved road racing gran turismo style what got me into cars to begin with so …cant wait for some grip events!

Always good to see more nissans representing. It’s mostly accomodated by Hondas, Subaru, and Acuras. Vlad (alesserfate) was pretty much the only 240 on track and always lapped just shy of a second faster than me. Damn him and his lightweight car + T1R’s!

hmm cant wait. what are generally beginner entry restrictions / limits?

Eh… care to rephrase? your n00blish ftl!!

Money!

lol, jk… I think you just need a car & helmet…

Actually money IS required. Food, gas, and admission fee. Generally costs me about $200-$300 a track day (mostly on gas).

You don’t even need helmets, not at battle endless or speedstar. I just run without one, much easier to breathe. But if you feel worried, then wear one.

Car-wise - everything must be in good condition (especially safety: airbag, seatbelt, etc), with decent tread tires. They don’t do technical checks though… Check yourself to have the peace of mind.

ha Im already there :smiley: … what if you don’t have air bags :stuck_out_tongue:

i found a site. www.ontariotuners.com/forums they have pretty much every event listed this year for track days … not bad.