Time to tie the knot...

yea I had no issues with the initial pictures and the turn around.

If they had told me it would be a year turn around I would have been fine but I got married in August and they said before Christmas at the latest…We started calling them after the 1st of the year and it was BS and after BS. They finally called me the following August saying the albums were ready :frowning:

Honestly it didn’t bother me but it really pissed off my wife and I had to hear about it :tspry:

Thats awful @LZ1 , on the forum they gave up does say of you want them by x-mass have everything send in by Aug. So we will see what happens.

Sounds like some of these photographers might also be auto mechanics :slight_smile:

Luke - Welcome to la-familia! But then again, I’ve known about this for 3+ years ;D

As for the requested recommendations… I don’t really have any, but do like the Suit idea for sure!

And keep me up to date on when the Bachelor Party is going to be… I WILL be coming back for that as well! (I’m seriously hoping for another night like you’re 21st! 3 wise men anyone???)

Congrats! Don’t listen to all the naysayers - they just married the wrong guy for them :tup:

We’re having our reception at Templeton as well in September of this year, great venue.

My fiancee booked the florist so I can’t comment on flowers - but we already have had experience with our photographer who has been a joy to work with so far.

I believe we found him on some wedding blog website and gave him a call - we sat down for an hour long informational session last summer in which he described in detail the packages he offers, his style of work, pricing, and what the itinerary of the day would look like. As part of the package we purchased he included Engagement photos, which we did with him in July of '13. He met us for a 3 hour long shoot at multiple locations (of our choice) and worked with us to make sure we were happy. Considering it was close to 100F that day he did an outstanding job since I was a sweaty mess and my fiancee’s makeup was melting.

About 6 months after we purchased the package and had our engagement shoot he contacted us to let us know that he had revised his pricing after we had already signed the contract - LOWERING the overall cost - and sent us a new invoice for about $250 off the bottom line. We were in the middle of closing on a house so it was a very pleasant surprise to have.

His shooting and editing style is traditional and conservative without anything crazy - which we requested and liked very much. I’m sure he can get crazy with poses and fun shoot if you’re into that.

Some samples from our engagement shoot:

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/p480x480/1013811_10151826372925731_279257792_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/p480x480/1186159_10151826372745731_636528734_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/p480x480/544535_10151826372570731_1051478119_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/1098536_10151826372575731_1165941776_n.jpg?oh=43357c370ed2603e45779205cfa19ef4&oe=53BCBF1C

http://www.imagesbyjmp.com/

I will wait to pass final judgement until the wedding is wrapped up but I am 100% impressed so far.

Now…anyone got input on wedding bands? I need a material that won’t fall apart and is durable :slight_smile:

The one I’ve got is Cobalt Chrome and it’s been through hell and back. Also had a Tungsten Carbide before that took a hell of a beating without issue. I had a Damascus Steel one for a while, but I had a skin reaction to it, so I traded it in.

We had ayers photography. Expensive, but so worth it. You only get married once! (Hopefuly)

theyre are probably already booked for that day though- people fly them all over the us to shoot their wedding

we had them set up a photo booth too, that was fun. I suggest it!

i will let you borrow my 91 passat wagon if you want a classy get away car. You know you want it.

That’s some crazy photoshopping in Pic1.

I got a Titanium ring that was $99. I’m not a jewelry guy and I honestly couldn’t give a shit about it really. It’s already scratched and dinged so I’ll probably change wedding rings at some point.

@Norb_O I wanted the same thing, something i don’t have to take off. Something that won’t scratch or go out of round. Ended up with a Tungsten Carbide ring, its heavy to so you know its there :slight_smile: Only down size is the whatever size you order it in your stuck with. So your good if you lose pounds but not gain.
You can get them with a polished to matte finish. Silver, black. Combo of both.

went with Tungsten and love it. As said before they cant be resized =/ But after 5yrs it looks brand new. Bought mine at a store and paid a decent amount…months later my friend picks one up on amazon for a fraction of the price

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Tungsten

Same here, paid about 10x the amount in the store then online.

Got a tungsten/carbon fiber one online for under $100. It has held up perfectly fine and I have not had to replace it due to loss yet.

We stopped in at Jared a few months back just for shits and giggles and with all my requirements the saleslady actually suggested white gold. It was able to be resized and was relatively durable (and, able to be re-polished or whatever to restore luster).

I have cobalt. Lighter than tungsten, and nearly as durable/scratch resistant. Titanium is very light, but scratches pretty easily.

Some good info here. Thanks for all the feedback…keep it pouring in. I’ll report back all my experiences.
@97FormulaWS-6; not sure on a bachelors party yet but my 21st will never be topped :stuck_out_tongue:

We talked about a “wedding” party Jack and Jill style.

She is already is the boss huh?

Fazekas’ women are that way… trust me… you do not cross an Irish/Hungarian woman, or you will loose.

My wife is greek/italian… would not let “us guys” go to vegas without the girls. So a night in buffalo it was.

LOL! Sounds like my wife… she knows the trouble the group of guys we know would get into… let’s just say The Hangover is a typical Pirates Weekend in Alex Bay for us… Vegas, it’d be deadly and would end Poorly, very very very very poorly. If I was to make a short list, I’d say at least 1 dead, multiple bringing home STDs, multiple people pregnant, enough alcohol to fill multiple swimming pools, at least 3 or 4 arrested; to start the list.

No suggestions, ideas, or clever photgraphs from me, just stopping by to say 'grats man :smiley: :tspry: