time warner dropping MSG-PLUS channel.

Anybody else see this on the most recent bill?

Total crap, TW is dropping the MSG-Plus channel that was in HD.

They would show all the Rangers/Devils/Islanders games.

I assume this is a push to get people to buy the Center Ice package?

They are also raising the FUCKING rates again, now I will be paying close to $200 a month and I dont even have phone. FUCK YOU TW.

Pssh I thought my bill was bad at $164 for basic cable and internet.

With Netflix streaming through my xbox and the million other ways to watch movies, Im about ready to drop cable all together but the chick insists we need it.

I have no idea how your bills are so high.

Mine is 93 dollars. I have a HD Box with the free HD tier, and the rest of the house is wired direct to cable without boxes.

I also have roadrunner, and I bought my own 10 dollar modem instead of renting one.

^ Maybe youre on a promotional rate?

I was paying $100 until the rate expired.

ugh.
I have 2 regular def boxes, digital cable, and center ice (which i will not be renewing), I’m sick of paying out the ass, but I love cable net, dsl is not an option its worthless. Verizon tech support for dsl is worthless. I may look into fios tho.

I don’t know how pricing breaks out for Verizon but I would figure after the FiOS promotion the prices are probably similar.

i changed from TWC to Fios (TV & intarwebs) and only spend $3 more with one more digital box and added a DVR. Fuck TWC and their slow DL speeds too. these are NOT pro-mo prices.

I have three boxes and two are HD DVR, now they want to charge extra for more then one box with DVR, its ~$10 extra where they never charged for it before, FUCK THEM.

And people think Time Warner is doing them a favor by not making them sign a contract, but the real reason is so that they can up their rates whenever they feel like it.

I have Time Warner at my house right now. And I can safely say:

Fuck Time Warner Cable. Verizon Fios is the shit. Wish it was available in my arena. :wtf:

This paying more for less is bullshit. You guys need to call and complain. You probably won’t get the channel back but you can surely get $ off your bill. If it’s a channel you watch and it will be gone you have a legit reason to bitch. And 10x moreso if they are raising the rates.

hate to sound like an asshole, but i called a few times and talked to a women who i thought was named Clamidia @ TWC and their response was always along the lines of: “Days be nuffin’ eyes can do fo you.” for being a customer service agent on a phone, communication was not a strong point sadly.

First line are almost always morons in my experience. Ask for “a manager or retention department”. Don’t be afraid to suggest to the 2nd level person you are likely going to have to leave. Let them know you value the channel they are ditching and don’t agree with paying more for less. Tell them you CAN’T AFFORD more for less in this economy.

ALL companies are hurt by the recession and they are willing to negotiate.
I just got directv to give me a 1 time credit of $55 and $20 off per month for a year by telling them the recession is impacting my bottom line too much and I was thinking I may need to leave.

Call centers are often in the ghetto or moreso overseas these days. It’s sad that NAFTA allowed, even enticed alot of what has ruined our US economy. But then again…unions have done far worse things in terms of pay and benefit negotiation I think. Just my 2 off topic cents there. :wink:

Worst they can say is no right?

Its tough to negotiate anything when you are stuck in a two year agreement like I am. We are halfway through it.

I don’t think that the cable/sat companies should be forcing people into agreements that are like cell phone contracts. They are subsidizing equipment with the cell phones, Time Warner has nothing to subsidize, the copper is already in place and they brought used equipment to my home.

I called and complained a few mins ago and only got showtime for free for 12 months. oh well. I think i might change names on the account and get the bundle pack with the phone and all the shit i have now and still pay about $35 less then i am now. I am not in a contract thank god.

Here’s where I make my usual Dish Network plug as the low cost provider.

And I’m done.

PM me for details.

Hows the Dish Network internet/phone solution?

TWC kept badgering me to “lock in my rate” calling my phone again and again, garbage in the mail… they knew FIOS was coming into my area before I did. i told them if they jacked up their rates i would simply go dish/direct for cheaper and hung up. i would go into the office (TWC/Adelphia’s building) is right around the corner from me on indian church and they informed me fios was coming to the neighborhood and to hold tight and they wouldn’t hate me if i switched.

Just drop TWC which I paid $125.xx for just cable and internet. I ordered the Verizon Triple play bundle for $89.99 + 2 HD set top boxes. The final cost after taxes is $112.xx which is much better than TWC. But you have to sign the 2 years contract though.