Time Warner Storm Credit

i use time warner for internet bud.

http://www.theamherstrecord.com/storm2006/local_story_297142047.html

STORM 2006: Time Warner Cable plans to credit customers

Credit applies to customers affected by downed cable lines

By Phil Dzikiy
TheAmherstRecord.com

Local Time Warner Cable customers who missed their favorite television shows due to downed cable lines will still be getting their money’s worth.

Time Warner Cable will be offering credits for each day of lost service, said Steve Jaworowski, Time Warner Cable’s area vice president of marketing communications. The credits will range from $1.13 to $3.84 per day, depending on the customer’s service level.

However, if a customer’s power was out, the customer will not receive refunds for that time, Jaworowski said. Only customers who had power and were still without cable will receive refunds, he said.

“If the power’s out, it’s out of our control,” Jaworowski said.

Most customers without cable have been reasonable when calling Time Warner, Jaworowski said.

“I think most people understand,” he said. “I think the calls we’re getting are helpful calls.”

About 45,000 cable customers in the area had their service interrupted by damaged power cable lines.

Downed cable lines were just another obstacle to deal with during the cleanup process, City of Tonawanda Superintendent of Public Works Neal Myers said.

“We were closing down streets for something that wasn’t a necessity,” Myers said.

All downed wires were a problem, but the city fire department was cutting through cable lines in some instances, Myers said.

“You can’t cut phone or power lines,” he said. “We had to get vehicles through.”

Customers will not have to call to receive their credits, which will be automatic.

Also, Time Warner will be offering two free weeks of premium programming to all area customers for having patience with the storm’s effects, Jaworowski said. The free weeks of programming will be offered in November.

The company is still negotiating which channels will be offered for free, Jaworowski said.

i was with power, but no internet for at least 2 weeks. so i shouldve expected more than the 2 day credit i got.