Timing belt relacement

Anybody know what the average price for a mechanic to change a timning belt and the tensioner is?
This is on a 2001 ford focus with the SOHC.

Thanks alot
bobby

About two hours labor. This should be a 300 dollar job at most.

pm me my cousin who is a certified tech will do it cheaper

I’ve always wondered what a certified tech was?
certified crazy
certified asshole
???
and who does this certification
and whats a licensed mechanic?? licensed by who and for what???

Related question… how tight should it be? Any tighter or looser than what a regular (accessory) belt would be?

Certification is usually by ASE (Automotive Service Excellence). Also, I agree with the 2 hours of labor.

Two completely different things…

What Pauly is saying is there is no such thing as a certified or licensed mechanic in nys. there is text certifications.They still do not make you certified.I have met some ase master techs that could never do more then brakes.

^ exactly there are ASE certifications for paint, various repair, L1 advanced, and parts guys- so do i want some guy who is certified in parts management putting a timing belt in-ummm…no.
as far as the licensed thing licensed to do inspections?? I deal with licensed inspectors daily that i would not let wash my car. The state licenses shops not technicians.

I think- the state of California licenses technicians i thought i even heard they have to have insurance, as things going wrong are held agaisnt them personally. Not 100% on this, but it sure cuts down on the hacks

Thats about right, I had it done on my ranger for just under 300 I believe.

I know, thanx. That doesn’t exactly answer the question.

thanks for the info guys just needed to know what id have to expect