Timing Belt Very LOUD, is it safe?

Hey guys, my timing belt seems to get very loud sometimes, and little quieter other times, why is this? and is it safe to drive? Or does this mean it is about to go?

any info would be greatly aprrieciated!

thanks
SAMI

Swap it out for a new one, probably getting loose

what car? if its a 240 which i assume it is it doesn’t have a belt it has a chain…

ca18 have a belt…do sr’s?

no chain

sr’s got a chain

Is it the timing chain rattle in older ka24de’s? If so just take out both of the guides. Its completely safe from what I understand. just annoying

yea my timing chain busted because it kept rubbing on the guides. take out the guides and it should be good

If its KA24DE It will probably be the guides, take them out!

yes its ka24de… any pointers on how i can take out the guides?

look at fsm … best way to go about it…

Heres what I used, Make sure you take both out. If not you will be doing it again

The guides are there for a reason, you need to change your tensioner and chain.

Removing guides is just a band aid fix.

surprised no one has burned the new guy for not knowing his car has a timing chain

only if they are seized, go through that guide I put up. It tells you everything

Nissan has a TSB saying to remove the upper timing chain guide. It is tensioned using oil pressure from the engine, so it is probably gunked up inside. I just sprayed penetration oil in it and worked it back and forth, i also did an engine oil flush to help flush out the sludge. I recommend BG hot flush. But yeah just follow the guide its easy.