Tips on installing new sway bar bushings?

I need to install the bushings that surround the front sway bar where it attaches to the underside of the car. Ive found some on PDM racing.com but it seems they arent the type that “crack” open and slide on. Does this mean then that I have to remove the whole sway bar and somehow slide these bushings over its rusty, pitted surface around all the bends and so on, or is there an easier way.

maybe they are cracked and i just cant see in the pic but i dont think so

anyone?

Yeah, I think you gotta take the whole thing off…

You might as well sand and/or paint it too…or just get a new bars & bushings set.

thats gonna be a real pain in the butt, i can take teh bar off but sliding the bushing over it…yeesh

just get a set of aftermarket sways and be done with it. those are pimp and come with all the bushings. bolt on affair.

my factory bar is fine though i dont need a new one just the par of $14 bushings not a $250 bar

i wish i had money to blow like that,

well the bushings are pretty straight forward just unbolt the bar replace the bushings and bolt it back on

come on people? didnt anyone ever play with lego?

take it off, put it back on how you took it off

wtf.

so true. what makes it so easy. except if something is stuck and hard to take off you can’t use your teeth on a car lol.

except if something is stuck and hard to take off you can’t use your teeth on a car lol.[/quote]

says who? :stuck_out_tongue: