tire pressure light

How am I supposed to shut off the tire pressure monitor alert light on the dash of a 2012 E-350?

I checked the air in the tires and added a little. Rears are at 80 psi and fronts are at 60 psi (what it says on the door sticker). The light wont go out.

Do I just have to unhook the negative battery cable?

Id hate to take it to the dealer for something so stupid.

The van has less than 200 miles on it, brand new.

it doesn’t sound right at all. If the pressure is set to what the door says then the light shouldn’t be on. I’d be taking it back to the dealer and having them fix it… could be a bad sensor.

I was just thinking something might need to be reset that I could do.

The problem with taking it to a dealer is that I dont have any paperwork for doing so. My company requires going thru another company for service and Im waiting on the fleet card and paperwork.

I suppose I can wait until it needs an oil change to get it serviced because I should have the paperwork by then. Right now this thing doesnt even have real plates on it- just a paper temporary plate from Texas but it came from a Pennsylvania dealer.

Bring it to me tomorrow. I’ll reset it

did you read the manual paul? there might be a button in the cab that needs to be pressed to let the car know to reset the system.

read it first before you take it to a dealer

where are you working now? It depends on when I get out of work if Ill be able to stop by.

Mavis across from Armory dodge in Albany tomorrow

I havent really gotten a chance to read the manual or fuck with it. I just figured it would go off when I put air in the tires but it didnt.
Ive only driven it about 120 miles, all of it today.

If I dont find out how to do it in the manual and get out of work at a reasonable time Ill swing by

Better be before 4ocock

thats when he’s done for the day?

did you check pressure in the spare tire?

no, I didnt

Any time before 6 today.

Did you try calling a dealer and asking? No matter what it is should be covered under warranty.

Need the tool to reset it

On my Tacoma you had to hit a button inside the truck after airing up the tires for the light to reset

It’s stupid that cars have a reset button or tool needed to turn off the light, my wife’s Subaru shuts off after about a mile of driving after I adjust the tire pressure to spec.

Edit: I mean whats the point of a sensor if it cant actually sense the pressure to shut itself off?

Cars suck. I hated when I would get an e-mail from Onstar/Cadillac telling me that my tires could use some air. Invasive as fuck.

There is a reset procedure in the manual. It requires letting air out of each tire until the horn blows. Maybe Ill get a chance to do that later on if it stops raining.