Tire question, Faulkin FK-451

I went to grab my stock summer tires to get the snows popped off today and realized there wasn’t a whole lot of tread left on them when I took them off last fall.

I don’t want to spend a whole lot on tires right now and these FK-451’s are only $85 each with free shipping for my size (245/45/17). Anyone here run them? I’ll be swapping back to my snows for next winter so snow traction is not an issue. Any other tires you want to suggest in that price range? These would be for the goat obviously. I’ll hit a few autocrosses, and probably one track day.

They’re a tire, they’ll hold air, the tread wear is 280 so they aren’t that hard…

In Norway, Falken FK451 have been a huge sucsess, so here we’ve tried them a lot. And what can I say? GREAT wheels!!! I had a set of 225/40-18 FK451 on my Audi S4 and I loved them. On my current Passat I’m running Uniroyal Rainsport 235/40-18 and I really miss the Falken tires. Many people prefer FK451 to even tires like Bridgestone S02/S03 and Yokohama AVOs, so I guess it’s no reason for not try them out if you get a good deal!

• GRB FK451 (awesome ultra high performance tire, great wet/dry performance, comparable to the Bridgestone S03)

Ended up going with the Hankook Ventus Rs2 Z212 from Edge Racing.

Might get them in time for the autocross at ECC-N this weekend.

:tup:

[quote=“JayS,post:3,topic:26428"”]

Ended up going with the Hankook Ventus Rs2 Z212 from Edge Racing.

Might get them in time for the autocross at ECC-N this weekend.

[/quote]

Smart man :tup:

the general UHP tires have been loved by the m3 guys, they are cheap, a fulls et in 245/275 19’s run under 400 bux if you get them on sale

Edge Racing>*

All I can tell you is the guys on Audiworld hate that tire for some reason. Javad from 034 motorsport junked his with like 60% tread left. He used them on a 600+ whp Audi 80 though.

[quote=“N’CTRL,post:8,topic:26428"”]

All I can tell you is the guys on Audiworld hate that tire for some reason. Javad from 034 motorsport junked his with like 60% tread left. He used them on a 600+ whp Audi 80 though.

[/quote]

I’ve read a ton of great reviews on them, many from autocrossers, so I think I’ll be happy.

The Hankooks are great tires.

I had them on the Talon 2 summers ago. Great traction wet and dry. Did well in straight line and the twisties.

Ha, looks like I got the last 4 in 245/45/17 from edge racing. Got the email confirmation that they order was processed, checked the site, now they show out of stock.

Mmmm… can’t wait to see how the GTO feels with some proper shoes:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?cf=false&sw=false&cs=245&pc=11868&rd=17&ar=45

So far I’ve only had the stock performance all seasons, then the performance snows.

I remember a couple years ago there was a lot of talk in the ST community about the 451’s being faster than the azenis rt-215’s after being shaved. The story was that there was some super soft compound in the last bit of tread.
Good choice on the kooks though.