Tire question.

My xA came with 185/60/15 on 15x6 steel wheels.

I’m putting on 15x6.5 Rota Slips within a week or two, and I’m looking into tires.

do I go 205/55/15? i was looking at 205/50/15, but the 55 profile makes the diameter closer to stock.

Probably will have more choices in 205/50. Looking for all seasons? If not, the Falken Azenis are great in that size.

i was thinking ZE-512, but i heard they quit making them.

i want something with decent tread life, with curb protection (i parallel park a lot), and NOT kumho.

as for all season? before i would have said no, but now that i’ll be driving less i think i’ll be needing these year-round.

ZE512s have a pretty poor tread life. I haven’t measured mine but they’re too close to the wear bars for only being 4 months old. Good handling in the rain. I got them for $60/ea. for 17s so I’m not gonna bitch.

The plus side is that they have a pretty good curb protection. However, superb parallel parking skills trumps curb protecting tires any day.

they had average tread life on my old car, but they were dirt fucking cheap for the tread life i got out of them AND they saved my wheels once or twice when trying to parallel park in Bellevue. Traction T/As were a little better, but they were $30 more per tire.

treacherous curbs in bellevue have kicked my ass a few times. there are places on my girlfriend’s street where the curb is a foot high and leaning out into the street.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22994