To ditch AC or not...

Well on this car it’s 40-50lbs in a 3100 lbs car, but still no big difference. The 3 stage dry sump that requires ditching the AC is actually more $. But it’s also a better system. I’ve got my mind made, I’m going that route and ditching AC.

I just need to talk to the dry sump company about a few questions I have.

-TJ

Think about it. If the A/C is holding you back from committing to two different options for a dry sump, you probably don’t need the more expensive option. You’re basically saying is you don’t need the performance benefit of the 3rd stage. But really, do you need a dry sump at all (do you actually have starvation issues, or are you planning for the worst)? I’d personally look to an Accusump or a baffled pan before spending that kinda money on a non-race motor.

I have had oil issues. My car is hitting 1.39Gs on flat ground I don’t have accurate numbers for road course since GTech’s aren’t accurate on any sort of banked turn. I’m loading up a lot of oil in the heads and over-flowing my catch can which is a huge PITA as well as a safety concern. I did starve for oil once on a skidpad… but haven’t had that issue yet on the road course.

After talking to the manufacturer I’m going w/ the kit that allows me to keep AC. Not for the sake of AC but since the other kit actually offers no benefits in my application, so why spend the extra $?

FWIW an Accusump setup for my car is ~1200 and won’t solve any of my PCV/catch can issues. The dry-sump setup I’m going with is about $1600. So it’s actually pretty even. As far as a baffled pan there’s open debate as to what’s better, my stock (LS6) pan or the LS2 pan. There’s no big gains to be had regardless.

-TJ

keep it… ride in style.

Go big or go home, C6R’s don’t have AC and you want to be like them don’t you? :itr41:

Seriously your probably better off with it in. If it was a civic where the weight might actually be noticed then I would say yes dump it. But in any aspect the Vette is nicer so I would keep the AC. Your kicking ass regardless, this is just giving the car a little protection. Use the money you saved to finally buy coilovers hehe. It also helps to keep your head cool while your sitting in grid with the AC on a hot day. Your body overheating and driving at speed don’t usually pan out too well.

cali and no ac…just seems stupid to me…keep it, i had a car where there was no ac(the nx) and god was my summer horrible

True true. In the end it just turned out there was no benefits to the system that would cost me AC. It was just pricier and didn’t leave me the option of AC.

Where I live in CA it’s just not that bad. But I hope to run the car all over CA this year… including some very hot areas.

-TJ

i have Ttops so… i took it out but left everything that would keep it easy to install if i change my mind…

If you’re a cunt, keep the AC.

if you’re not a cunt, ditch the AC.