To Swap or Rebuild, that is the question.

So, I am coming up on the final purchase of my beater car. And the J2 will be going away for the winter to get some engine work done. I was debating on rebuilding the engine with a whole bunch of stuff. But had another oppurtunity come my way that I may take. I’ll break down both and let you folks chime in from there.

The engine rebuild would cost me around 800-1200 dollars. This includes:
Shot-Peened Rods
Low Compression Pistons
New Gaskets
Headwork
Balance, Clean, Magnaflux Engine
Hone Cylinders

Mind you, this is on a engine that is coming up on 100,000 miles, along with the automatic transmission. The transmission would stay the same, and would hopefully take the abuse of 15+ psi driving.

My other option came to me from a friend over at RDTiburon, who can get me a Complete engine and manual transmission sway for around 1,100 dollars shipped to my door. The BetaII motor has been found to fit directly into the chassis of the J2/RD with little modification, and would use the old ECU and sensors I already have.

Option B seems like a better bet at this time, as the engine has around 30,000 miles on it, and would come with a manual transmission so I could run higher boost, and not have worry.

Now, there would be some modifications done to the BetaII engine if I chose that option. I would be installing a decompression plate, and installing a clutch and flywheel at a later date.

Thoughts and Comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

If you can get this done for this price thats cheap as hell. So i guess do it