To teach a man to fish...

[quote=“LowlyOilBurner,post:57,topic:38781"”]

Don,

Sounds like a good idea, but be warned:

-Don’t be suprised if NYS shows up at your door, looking for certs, insurance (proof of, covering anyone in the building ect), ect,ect,ect,ect need i say more, ect,ect,ect, legal bullshit, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect, vtec, ect,ect.

Gotta be real careful with this sort of thing. A few years ago, an ad appeared in the local news, with someone offering “welding classes”. The person was qualified to teach (although did not have the certs from NYS). The “school” was not legit either (not a licensed NYS Private School). Well, needless to say, it did’nt work out. At all. The state shut that guy down faster than you can say shallow grave.
And, no, that preson was not me.

I’m not saying that this idea sucks or anything, just be careful. NYS sucks when it comes to shit like this.

[/quote]

Werd thanks for the heads up I wouldn’t have thought that would be a big deal but then again you never know till it happens huh.

If I run something like this it will be on like a club level. Not a full fleged school. Just a nice weekend of learning but I will take a serious approach to making a very educational lesson plan. Much like how AEM runs their training seminars for their EMS.