To the high and almighty mods

now, i’m not sure how to say this, without flaming u flamers, but u guys gotta understand that not everyone has the funds for a turbo motor, whichever motor it may be.

you also gotta remember not everyone is as knowledgeable as the high and mighty moderators with oh so much knowledge.

and remember back, way back, before u had a turbo? you were probably fiddling around with stupid minor things, like an intake???

anyway, stuff may get repetitive, but its still no reason to lock a thread and say, “save your pennies and buy a turbo” cause maybe a turbo isn’t in everyones equation, and this is the biggest pile of fluff i’ve ever seen in a post. maybe some people just want to do minor things themself so they can learn more about their car with hands on experience, instead of dumping all of their/ mommies savings on an 11 year old car. and maybe some people have other priorities, so a turbo isn’t in the near future.

i can understand moderating can be difficult, but if there is a decent discussion going on, and a new member asking legit questions in an appropriate manner, there really is no reason to punk him off and lock his thread.

Moderators - Just cause u run tings on this board, does not mean YOUR WORD IS BOND! GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE CAUSE U GOT WHAT ALL THE RICER BOY MAGS ARE PRAISING, AND TRY AND GIVE SOME HELPFUL ADVISE OR JUST LEAVE THE DISCUSSION AS IS IF U DON’T FEEL LIEK ADDING ANYTHING USEFUL/ ARE TOO LAZY/ PISSED OFF CAUSE U SAID IT 20 TIMES BEFORE.

U KNOW WHO I AM REFERING TO, AND MY COMMENTS DO NOT REFLECT DIRECTLY ON EVERY MOD ON THIS BOARD. I FEEL NO NEED TO MENTION NAMES.

have a nice day!

Well, I didn’t lock it. Maybe you should PM if you are talking about specific people…

Besides, I’m too good to have an SR, still KA, same with a few other MODs. :twisted:

Locked.

j/k, not locked yet.

you are such a bugger phil

and i know u didn’t lock it spanky!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

i agree with gandalf. this is probably the rudes forum ive ever seen. im many cases im glad and its funny, because i dont like ricers trying to be hardcore, but when someone has good questions then let them ask.

PM me if u wanna talk about tuning a KA n/a

I’m not n/a, but thanks for the offer.

Maybe compared to all automotive forums, but as far as 240sx forums are concered, this is pretty much the normal. This is because people who take drifting seriously know a good amount about their car, thats a big part of drifting, knowledge and innovation. If you don’t know a lot about your car, then you haven’t really fit in yet.

I’ve been to other car make forums and if the people their are friendly, they usually dont know the first thing about their car. Though this does change WRT to age of car, older datsun forums are usually pretty good all around.

in order to learn, u gotta start somewhere.

its not fair to bash newbs for asking a legit question. if the mods know so much, why don’t they add their 2 cents towards the good of the thread, instead of just bashing it and making the forum seem more intimidating to newbs, and maybe even losing members (even though they don’t know much or have a pimp ride now, you may be bowing down to them in the near future).

and no one hear can say they were born with Nissan knowledge, it comes with time and patience and a willingness to learn. its not fair to shoot down peeps who are here to learn, and who better to learn from, than people who have done the mods you are looking to do yourself.

Paul, you’re being gay, stop generalizing. Myself and many of the other mods have helped many people on the board with installs and assistance. You may not see it all on the forum, but that is only one aspect of the club.

I think the basis behind some of the “rude” posts by long time members and some mods is due to the fact that people are asking the same questions that have already been answered numerous times in the past. We don’t get paid to do this, we give free advice and information to people with the same interests as us. On the flipside, that doesn’t mean that we have unlimited amounts of time to answer the same questions over and over when the answers can be found through a simple search or through common sense.

See this thread if you need an example:

http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=9050

wow its a thread about me and bomex

isnt this fun.

I may come across as an asshole who locks everything under the sun… but really… if you people took 5 mins to use the search function or look on fresh alloy you would never ask anything.

ANYONE NOTICE HOW IVE NEVER ASKED A SINGLE QUESTION ON THIS BOARD EVEN THOUGH IVE ONLY HAD MY CAR SINCE MAY?

interesting isnt it… its because i search… a few times…

please feel free to pm me if you really need to tell me off… i dont mind.

nehoo ill leave this be now

GT

I can see why the mods are being as tight with ruling are they are but you can go to far.

Greg you know i have not not the least amout of beef with ya. but I say that mustang guys intro post and you were being a little mean. :cry:
the last thing we need are more tears and blood splatter.

lol hes a good friend of mine.

no worries.

GT

With what, more vacuum leaks than a vacuum cleaner? :wink:

Couldn’t have said it better myself Phil.

I myself haven’t helped many people on the forums directly through the
forum but rather over MSN or having them come over to my house and
take a look at their car and explain to them what’s up. Like last night I
was stupid busy with work but I made time for a guy on the forum to
come over and take a look at what was wrong with his SR and helped him
with his suspension plans.

I may not post in every tech thread. But when I do it’s always good never
negative. I think you should talk to these “all high and mighty” mods
personally rather than generalizing us mods as bad people…

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. Most of the more senior
members can appreciate what we do I think…

I can understand that it may seem harsh with the way we treat n00bs. But,
look at it from our point of view for a second. How can we keep the boards
from being flooded with duplicate topics of the same stuff, and off-topic
crap if we aren’t strict? Every time we loosen up on moderating the boards
go downhill. The only way we can keep things in line is to be strict. If that
involves some people thinking we are mean, then so be it, but it makes
the club much better for people who have been here a while.

I don’t think I am overly mean to users of the forum, although some of the
mods might be a little more harsh. Either way, we do what we have to do
to keep stuff in line.

There has to be a balance between being nice, and keeping things going in
the right direction. We can’t be too relaxed if we want to progress the
status of the club and keep the boards tidy.

If anyone has a problem with a specific moderator, please take it up with
that person via PM. If you still have problems after dealing with the person
directly, feel free to contact me and let me know of your problem.

Oh yeah, and there is also a thread for issues like this:

http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=4396

hahaha sory Greg I was unaware. I was like that was kinda mean but if he is a friend then flame on.
just look at Sven and I when he is posting.

I wasn’t taking anything away from u, and those i was directly refering to know who they are. and i have nothing against mike and greg.

just saying, be a little more welcoming to newbs, it might make the site a more welcoming place, i know thats why i stuck with son, even before most of the peeps who posted in this thread (and the majority of mods, remeber the yahoo message board days??).

and i knwo you gusy helped out dozens of people, miek and greg included. u guys never said squat to me, and i have no beef with anyone on this board (that i knwo of at least).

ease up on the newbs, and maybe point them in the right direction, instead of jotting down a negative comment. and mods already have the power to erase repeat threads, so if its total and utter crap, then delete it. but if there is soem direction in a thread, leave it open and in most cases it will die out

peace out all!!!

p.s.- didn’t mean to come off harshly

The intake thread was a little weak. I didn’t muck around with my intake after I pulled my resonator because I realized the KA wouldn’t ever be much to write home about. I saved all my pennies and went SR. Let’s face it if you do the whole bolt on thing, high compression, cams and tuning you might just squeek the KA over 200 hp…all that work and you have a car that will get smoked by an SR with minor work and an SMIC. Guys like solarian are asking questions about intakes becasue they don’t know any better. I mean let’s face it…it’s pretty easy to figure out how to route an ABS pipe from the throttle body to the MAF.

PS I luv u Paul :smiley:

good everyones content now… everyone feels teh love.

i have no beef… nor does anyone else

woot

GT