To those who rant about cops...

Was this before or after you removed the giant chrome drug dealer rims that came on it? Maybe I have the wrong car but I swear I remember seeing pics of it on ubrf.

Sure, it’s profiling, but if I’m a cop and I’m not real busy I’m gonna pull over the older Lexus with the giant chrome rims just to have a look at what’s going on.

Yeah, well in Amherst they pull you over for it. The more mundane the vehicle, the dumber you look thinking it’s exempt from the plate law, so the more it gets pulled over. Aka, you drive some econo car not an exotic. The beautiful lines of the Civic are not disturbed by a plate, nor is it’s value going to decrease if it has plate mounting holes. Everyone knows APD will pull you over for a missing front plate who continue to run without one deserve getting harrassed. Slap the plate on and it’s like a magic cloaking device.

As for the Don Davis thing, I remember reading about it on UBRF but don’t remember the details. If I recall correctly it was pretty fucked up. In APD’s defense, at least they were looking into it. Same crime at a dealership in Buffalo and the only way it gets looked into is if some hoodlum beats a guy to death with the stolen rim and leaves it at the scene.