Tom Brady out for the season.

Link
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/07/report-brady-out-for-the-year/

Article.
REPORT: BRADY OUT FOR THE YEAR
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2008, 7:28 p.m. EDT

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a “severe injury to his left knee.”

The injury is widely believed to be a torn ACL. Silver says that there could be other ligament and cartilage damage.

“It’s bad,” a team source told Silver. “We’re going to have to play without him.”

The starter will be Matt Cassel. Unless the Pats bring back Vinny Testaverde. Or Doug Flutie. Or Steve Grogan.

UPDATE***
Silver’s report has been updated — the ACL tear is confirmed.

Discuss??

I can not say Im super excited that he is hurt because I would like to see us beat them with him playing. all the patriot die hard fans will discredit every team that beats them because they did not have their star player. Regardless, it does increase the odds of the steelers making a run deep into the playoffs without New England in the way.

the best comment about the situation I have read was this:

“Karma is a wicked bitch, but who needs knees when you have a high horse?”

ouch… that sucks

:rofl: I guess thats what happens whithout spygate.

That just made the rough schedule for the Steelers one game easier. :steelers:

and on the flip side, made the cupcake schedule for the pats a lot harder.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

boooofuckinghoooooooooooooo 1320sucksmyasshairs

about time, i like brady, hes good, but he was getting too cocky, welcome to rehab sir

Well, I am glad I didn’t get him for my fantasy team this year

:zzz:

Heh, I think he was good, but its not like the rest of their team was that fucking bad. A decent QB they can protect will probably do well enough for them.

Some people are saying it sucks when the NFL looses a star player… personally I was sick of hearing about him every fucking year. We get the point, hes good, along with the rest of his team.

I agree that they can still win games if Matt Cassel steps in and manages the game well. I think him doing okay against the Chiefs is a terrible measure stick being that they are one of the bottom teams in the league. They are supposedly bringing in Chris Simms as a possible backup, maybe even the eventual starter.

Some people are saying it sucks when the NFL looses a star player… personally I was sick of hearing about him every fucking year. We get the point, hes good, along with the rest of his team.

I agree that I was sick of hearing about the Patriots and Tom Brady specifically. I think its time for a few new faces to shine in the league because Im tired of hearing about Favre, Brady, the Mannings and the entire Chargers team. You have to think, from a NFL standpoint, that the fans would watch games to see Brady excel while the haters and naysayers watched the games to see him fail. So I can see why analysts will say its a major loss to the NFL. It was a win-win situation because he got the ratings they like to see.

anyone who cheers for brady’s injury is an asshole.

i’m no fan, but that’s still fucked up.

I don’t put a lot of stock in the pre-season, but they were 0-4 without him in the Pre-Season and Matt Cassel is a QB who only threw 33 collegiate passes because he was a benchwarmer behind Leinart and Palmer at USC.

I wouldn’t throw a team like that to him. Better hope they sign Chris Simms or maybe can bullshit Daunte Culpepper to come out of his recent retirement. Culpepper to Moss again?

I don’t like to see anyone get hurt, and Brady is no exception. I’m anticipating how good the Patriots will really be and if they can hold it together without him…

There goes my first round pick… :frowning:

The NE fans may discredit any team that plays them now, but if the team was truely good, they would be alright without him.

that’s just dumb, he’s probably the best QB in the league, this makes watching them play not so entertaining…c’mon we all might not like the Pats winning all the time, but how many teams go undefeated in the regular season? how many teams score as many TD’s? they are exciting to watch weather you like them or not!

all you fantasy guys are SOL if he was your #1 pick

It sucks that he is hurt, but I just can’t muster enough care.

i cheered