Took the new camera out..

Recently bought a new d60 and tried it out for the first time. All and all i was pretty happy. Heres a couple pics, not too much I could do with just the 18-55mm lens. I thought they came out pretty good though…Any imput is appreciated.

Looking good, try to keep your ISO down for night shots though, can see some grain.

damn john, nice pics
and damn buffalo, u gots alot of snow

buffalofstop.com HOLLEr

haha my work is in your last picture

these make good desktop backrounds, nice pictures.

Nice. Pay attention to the rotation of the camera. Sometimes you want it not level, others you don’t. Just be aware of what you’re going for and then do it. It seems like some of those shots were meant to be level but came out rotated.

was there any editing done to these or this the originals?

X2. I want a D40 or D60. How much setup is there? Pics above look good and I would be more than happy if i could take the camera out of the box and get pics like posted above. My point and shoot is a POS.

I have a D60 with 18-55 AF VR and 55-200AF VR, with carry bag, that I will sell for 580 :slight_smile:

Its no too difficult to get decent results like that with minimal setup, throw it in Programed exposure mode, set your exposure comp, AF and your pretty much good to go for the above pictured results, I’ll warn though your not getting all the camera has to offer when you dont know how to implement your settings properly.

ONe thing to note… any night shots really really need tripods…

For the most part yes, I was however shooting at Geoffs outside at night handheld with the SB-800 <3333

Unless you’re hammered and click off 10-20 second exposures with ease.

no editing done to these pics and I used a tripod for every pic. I took about 70 pics, these were the best ones. I def agree that i need to watch the camera angle tho. Thanks for the imput everyone :slight_smile:

Nice shots

Pictures look great I really like how the one of the burt flickinger center shows whats in each window. I just thought it looked cool. :tup: on the pics

Camera angle isn’t that important considering you can rotate it in photoshop. I do that a lot when I notice it isn’t straight.

I’m guessing you took these when it was windy. Which would explain the blur. Sometimes the strap will be your enemy on that because it catches the wind and shakes the camera. I’ll often stand right next to the camera to block the wind, or get a spot that blocks the wind anyway.

Could also be from just pressing the shutter button, no matter how lightly you think your doing it, Ive still found that long exposures can blur from it. the nikon ML-3 remote is a good investment.

Or just using the timer feature, slowing down your breathing rate and subsequently your heart rate helps as well. (On top of pressing the shutter button on a slow exhale). Shooting a photo is very similar to shooting a gun at a long range IMO. Slow, Steady, Smooth.